4 Posts

Normandy '44» Forums » Rules

Subject: Confused noob: 7 Army-marker and supply points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Horst Benatzky
msg tools
Hi gamers,

I wonder on which or who I have to spend the SPs for the 7 army-marker ? Which units on the field are connected to it ?

Meanwhile I learnt about the mechanics about the Fortress Cherbourg-marker.
But haven`t found (or overread?) rules dealing with the 7 army thing?

Any info is appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United Kingdom
Ealing
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what you are looking for is described here:

Quote:
5.2 German
As soon as the weather is determined, the German player must record the number of Supply Points received by moving the 7th Army and/or the Fortress Cherbourg marker on the General Records Track. Fortress Cherbourg may only receive Supply Points if any of the three City hexes of Cherbourg can trace a Line of Supply (18.2) to the south map edge. Once Supply Points are placed in 7th Army or in Fortress Cherbourg, they cannot be transferred. When all Cherbourg City hexes are under Allied control (2.2.5), remove the Cherbourg Fortress marker from the General Records Track; any accumulated Cherbourg Fortress Supply Points are lost.

Then under rule 17.2:

Quote:
GERMAN HQs: A German HQ that can only trace a Supply Line to Cherbourg must use Fortress Cherbourg Supply Points (5.2 and 18.2). A German HQ that can only trace a Supply Line to a map edge Entry Hex must use 7th Army Supply Points. A German HQ that can trace to both can use either.

Does that clarify for you?

I would strongly encourage you to download the latest living rules from GMT at: http://www.gmtgames.com/normandy44/N44-RULES-2ndEdition.pdf

Being able to electronically search can be a huge time saver.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OP may have missed this:

5.1 General
Supply Points are used for Artillery Shifts (11.6).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horst Benatzky
msg tools
Thanx for all your good advice and info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.