Pillars of Eternity: Lords of the Eastern Reach» Forums » Rules

Subject: Odd rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Find it quite odd how the buildings, walls etc can give you +attack etc when you are sending your troops out to the dungeon how is a wall that is back from where you set off going to help the troops?!-lol.

Also noticed on the combat in the rule book the buildings don't act for your defence unless you need to discard a building?? like when "Sean" in the rulebook had to get rid of his temple because all his army had been defeated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonFly90 wrote:
Find it quite odd how the buildings, walls etc can give you +attack etc when you are sending your troops out to the dungeon how is a wall that is back from where you set off going to help the troops?!-lol.

Also noticed on the combat in the rule book the buildings don't act for your defence unless you need to discard a building?? like when "Sean" in the rulebook had to get rid of his temple because all his army had been defeated.

Logically, yeah, the walls giving attack might seem strange.

On the building defense questions, while I understand your point, it *is* consistent with the damage rules in general, where anything damaged dies (and the defense value isn't so much resistance to damage as it is absorption of damage in a dying effort).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mb
The Wall doesn't add Attack. It adds +3 Defense to one troop or hero. (The Wizard's Hut adds +3 Attack, because Wizards are scary practitioners of the mystical arts and really know how to Blow Things Up.)

Now, the Wall doesn't actually follow the party into the dungeon, but it does represent that your city is prosperous. Your troops are better trained and equipped than other, less-walled cities. So they are better able to defend themselves and protect your other soldiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Now you said it that way that makes more sense
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just figured that the location of the wall was not specified very well. Maybe it was a "Trump Wall" built near your enemy's city to keep his villains out of your country?

whistle

Seriously, though, it took me a minute or two to work my way through the same question when I first played. Prosperity? Works for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.