Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules don't mention this, but can team mates discuss how/what they're going to play during a round? And can they reveal what cards they have to each other? I can't recall seeing anything about the hands of cards being secret from each other [you'd obviously never reveal your hand to your opponent team members, but YOUR team members, seems like a strategically viable thing to do].
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't mention specific cards, but we give hints.

"Let this one slide." "Can you play a red?" "I got this one!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Stephenson
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
I do not run and hide... I strategically maneuver.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would tend to say "no," as I would with most partnership card games, but I suppose it is up to your group. I think card games are more interesting when you have to infer what your partner has from how they play the cards, or from the forms of communication specifically allowed by the game (bidding, passing cards, etc.).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delith Malistar
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
njshaw2 wrote:
The rules don't mention this, but can team mates discuss how/what they're going to play during a round? And can they reveal what cards they have to each other? I can't recall seeing anything about the hands of cards being secret from each other [you'd obviously never reveal your hand to your opponent team members, but YOUR team members, seems like a strategically viable thing to do].

I would never allow hands to be revealed to partners. Then you might as well just play with less people and more cards in your hand.

Normally, we play 'no table talk', meaning you can't say ANYTHING that could hint to your partner what you have or what you can do. Like Darin says, you need to infer what your partner is going to do based on how they are playing (what cards are played, passed, if they lay trump to take tricks away, etc.).

What Andrew does with giving hints is a no no in our games but truly, there is no right or wrong, it's just how your group decides to play the game. The beauty about trick taking games is there are so many ways to house rule stuff and all of them lead to fun times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.