8 Posts

Glorantha: The Gods War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sea Temples ability. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guillaume Andriot
France
flag msg tools
Do Sea Temples and Ziggurat add value to the total commitment to the Rift struggle simply for existing on the map or do they need to be actively thrown into the Rift to count ? Its not very clear in the PnP documents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to toss them in to count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Andriot
France
flag msg tools
Thanks. Sea is even more all-in than I tought.laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, sorry, I'm wrong. I missed that you'd asked about Sea specifically. Sea's buildings do provide some benefit just by existing, but more if tossed into the Rift.

Cheers,
Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Andriot
France
flag msg tools
So wait. They provide the bonus merely by existing but they retain it while in the Rift is that correct ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They get it by just existing. Throwing them into the rift takes them out of play and then are only worth their cost. SO it's not useful to throw in your Temples/Zig.

You can throw in a shrine and it's as if you threw in a temple. if you have a temple in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. What Lincoln says.

Though it is actually easier in some ways for Sea to toss in a Temple, because once the Rift close, his Temples are cheap to replace. Still usually he won't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Andriot
France
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.