Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Harris
United Kingdom
Surbiton
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the link to the Kickstarter page, which has just gone live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/274643038/siege-of-the-...?

Buckle up! It's going to be a crazy ride!

(Full disclosure: I am working on the game's development for Modiphius Entertainment.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bogdasarian
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Needs a lot more content to justify a pledge, hope it gets there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Choy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted this in the other thread:

Kind of surprised they didn't put together the Legion level rewards for the main page yet. I know there are many people out there that will jump on this KS both feet first, but it seems odd from their perspective to not launch with at least a little bit of detail on the $80 expansion that is included in the higher reward level.

Also, it would be great if a Moderator can merge or delete the excess threads on this. We only need one for the kickstarter campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harris
United Kingdom
Surbiton
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jormungandr wrote:
Needs a lot more content to justify a pledge, hope it gets there.

umchoyka wrote:
Posted this in the other thread:

Kind of surprised they didn't put together the Legion level rewards for the main page yet. I know there are many people out there that will jump on this KS both feet first, but it seems odd from their perspective to not launch with at least a little bit of detail on the $80 expansion that is included in the higher reward level.

Fair point, we hope you will bear with at little at first. There will be a lot more detail added during the campaign and we are hoping that a lot more content will be unlocked for the Dark Legion pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Connerley
United States
Brightwood
Virginia
flag msg tools
In case anyone was wondering where the "Citadel" is the following was in the comments:
"Currently we're including doors and portals to replace the purpose of the Walls, to show entry points of the dark legion, but we do plan a stretch goal to give the citadel walls to Dark Legion pledges"
soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It didn't take long for this one to fund. I'm curious what other stretch goals will be added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kuster
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was looking forward to this but, price is to high, shipping to high (for Canada), not enough stretch goals and more then a year away. I'll probably wait till the retail release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
roberious wrote:
Was looking forward to this but, price is to high, shipping to high (for Canada), not enough stretch goals and more then a year away. I'll probably wait till the retail release.

Not enough stretch goals?? It's only the first day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was really hoping they would get rid of the 1 vs many mechanic. Have two copies of the base game and we never pull it out anymore because that mechanic is antiquated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
Was really hoping they would get rid of the 1 vs many mechanic. Have two copies of the base game and we never pull it out anymore because that mechanic is antiquated.

Have you read the page? I don't think that's the way this plays, I think each turn someone controls the bad guys, and it rotates, with bonuses for doing well, which i think is pretty innovative and neat.

I also wouldn't say 1v all is aniquated, Descent and IA are pretty successful after all.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
whiskemuscles wrote:

Have you read the page? I don't think that's the way this plays, I think each turn someone controls the bad guys, and it rotates, with bonuses for doing well, which i think is pretty innovative and neat.

I also wouldn't say 1v all is aniquated, Descent and IA are pretty successful after all.....

I realize how it plays. We have two copies both purchased and played since the 90's. switching to the bad guy side always felt like the weakest part of the game.

Yes descent and IA are doing well but I also remember reading Descent sales increased a ton when they introduced the app to get rid of the overlord.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
I realize how it plays. We have two copies both purchased and played since the 90's. switching to the bad guy side always felt like the weakest part of the game.

Yes descent and IA are doing well but I also remember reading Descent sales increased a ton when they introduced the app to get rid of the overlord.

What conclusion are you drawing from the increase in sales?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarnop wrote:
whiskemuscles wrote:

What conclusion are you drawing from the increase in sales?

My hypothesis is that with the removal of the overlord player there was generate more interest in the game. Now I realize this increase could be solely from solo players but I think that is only part of it.

The success or failure of the 2nd edition of mansions of madness may be the better indicator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
My hypothesis is that with the removal of the overlord player there was more interest in the game. Now I realize this increase could be solely from solo players but I think that is only part of it.

The success or failure of the 2nd edition of mansions of madness may be the better indicator.

It's not really a hypothesis that can be tested though, is it? Descent has been available for several years, and has enjoyed continued support through expansions, while using the 1 vs many form of play. Clearly it was a success, enough so that a flagship Star Wars product was designed using a very similar system. I could point to the huge number of backers for The Others, also a 1 v many game, to support the argument that this format still has a lot of appeal.

Polygon's article about apps in boardgames cites Christian Petersen as saying Descent sales tripled when the app was released. However, it makes no mention of sales figures before that, so we don't know how many sales this represents. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that even with triple the sales it wouldn't come close to the numbers they sold when the game was initially released.

As far as I'm aware, Mansions of Madness 2E is doing well, although I don't think it's a good comparison. The original MoM required a lot of up front time investment from the Keeper, not quite to the level of GM prep for an RPG but certainly well beyond what most people would expect from a boardgame. If the appeal of MOM2E can be shown to be significantly greater than that of its predecessor, how could we reasonably determine whether that can be attributed to the switch from 1 vs many to co-op, or to the huge reduction in preparation, setup, and rules-teaching?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. There is no to test my hypothesis. Regardless, I played the heck out of the original Siege of Citadels and loved it but always disliked the rotating 1 vs. Many. I, personally believe that they dropped the ball on updating the mechanics with all the great designers they have attached.

Descent and IA were bad examples because it is 1 vs. Many where the many wanted to win together. This game is not like that. It would be more like if players in Arcadia quest took turns being the environment.

I was really looking forward to seeing what would be done to update the game and planned on going all in. So far everything feels lack luster.
1. They haven't shown the game play changes or even if there are any (once you get passed sentimental feelings on the original game it shows its age).
2. the multiple pledge levels with different stretch goals

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
I agree. There is no to test my hypothesis. Regardless, I played the heck out of the original Siege of Citadels and loved it but always disliked the rotating 1 vs. Many. I, personally believe that they dropped the ball on updating the mechanics with all the great designers they have attached.

Descent and IA were bad examples because it is 1 vs. Many where the many wanted to win together. This game is not like that. It would be more like if players in Arcadia quest took turns being the environment.

I was really looking forward to seeing what would be done to update the game and planned on going all in. So far everything feels lack luster.
1. They haven't shown the game play changes or even if there are any (once you get passed sentimental feelings on the original game it shows its age).
2. the multiple pledge levels with different stretch goals
In contrast, I'm really looking forward to playing with a rotating "GM". I played Descent 2e and my biggest bug was the feeling that I had a responsibility to "GM" the game rather than try as hard as I could to crush the co-op players. I felt really bad when I won by a crushing (too many years as a D&D 1e DM!), so having a game that rewards a fully invested Villain player because of the reward and making it a role that is "shared" rather than delegated to the owner of the game seems really cool. Sounds like your experience didn't work out that way for your group, but I'm living in hope 'cos the group really likes this sort of game, but we've never found one that really hooks us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rotating Dark Legion player is part of what makes this game great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed it. Cant wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mishiman wrote:
Brotherhood expansion added for Dark Legion pledge level.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/274643038/siege-of-the-...

Which, at $149 for the DL pledge, should be included from the get go, and not used to pad the stretch goals. Think Zombicide Wulfsburg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crambaza wrote:

Yep. Very clever, and it rewards your corp by playing the bad guys well. Awesome system and in my opinion the game has aged quite well. The only negative of the old game was you had to have five. Period. The rule book mentioned vaguely you could try to balance with fewer but wasn't very specific. They have stated they are officially fixing that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
franklincobb wrote:
crambaza wrote:

Yep. Very clever, and it rewards your corp by playing the bad guys well. Awesome system and in my opinion the game has aged quite well. The only negative of the old game was you had to have five. Period. The rule book mentioned vaguely you could try to balance with fewer but wasn't very specific. They have stated they are officially fixing that.
That's nice to know, but TBH one of the main points of interest for me is the 5-player game as my main group is a 5 (not a number that is well catered for!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
guinch Nudrevil
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waiting to read the rules of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Walker.

You can create a new post with all this information and also with everything included in the basic pledge as well.

I think it will be easier to find for the people who want to know how much content are they going to find if they back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely don't think that mods change this things in this forum.

Maybe for massive games... But not even then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham
Australia
Sunshine Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the updated and reduced shipping costs now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.