Vast: The Crystal Caverns» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dragon solo play - difficulty levels rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Van der Meulen
Belgium
Bornem
flag msg tools
If you're playing solo with the Dragon on "Hard", the rules say you should obtain the objective (waking up and escaping) without moving any Sloth cube from the Hunger to the Wakefulness track... How is this possible? Without the Hunger sloth cubes, there are only 10 sloth cubes available, and you need 11 to wake up.
The only solution would be to move a cube from Hunger to another Sloth track using Slither, but as, in a solo game, using Slither is the only way to get cubes from hunger to wakefulness, this, in my eyes, comes down to the same as moving a hunger cube to the wakefulness track.
So, as you need to move at least 1 hunger cube, you can never reach this goal...

On normal it says: Move 4 cubes... should I interpret this as "you may move up to 4 cubes"? As it is worded now, to me it appears that moving 4 hunger cubes becomes part of the challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you just can't move a cube from hunger to wakefulness. You can move the cubes from the other sections so using Slither would be the only way to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
The hunger cube movement in the variant rules is only for setup purposes. Starting with 2 or 4 of them already on the wakefulness track makes it easier because you don't need to clear so many of the others to wake up.

On the hardest difficulty, you don't get that head start and play it just like you would in a normal non-solo game.

Once you start the game playing on any of the difficulty levels, you're free to move those hunger cubes to other locations using Slither.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Van der Meulen
Belgium
Bornem
flag msg tools
Oooh, now I see! I completely misunderstood... You place 4 or 2 hunger cubes directly on the wakefulness track, instead of on the hunger track, as game set-up.
Sure, that makes a lot of sense.
Anyway, in my first Dragon solo game (level: hard) the Dragon was unfortunately trapped into the collapsed cave before even having the chance to wake up (my original question notwithstanding, I did move a cube from the hunger track using slither but it never made it to the wakefulness track )
Thanks for the answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.