Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Moscrop
United Kingdom
Hove
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I'm taking our son (10yr) to Essen for first time and decided to come over from UK in our campervan and camp somewhere.

Very excited, but can anyone recommend any reasonable campsites that are nearish to the Halls?

Thanks for any advice/recommendations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven De Tavernier
Belgium
ELLEZELLES
Hainaut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Several years ago we stayed at the city-camping. Reasonable prices. Reasonable places. Close to the fair (only downside: you'll have to cross the city. So, leave before the morning traffic !)

Enjoy !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leach
United Kingdom
Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
Luke, some people camp in the Fair's car park. Or at least very close by; under the highway from the old entrance. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Pask
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is actually some parking space at the end of the Essen Fairground parking. I've spent my weekend there last year. 20e a night. You can walk towards Spiel or take the yellow bus for free.

I hope the following link works : (copy paste)
IT shows you the route to the campersite from one entrance at the fairground. It is somewhat indicated also.. you need to drive onto the fairground parkingsite, the link is not very clear. sorry

https://www.google.be/maps/dir/51.430103,6.9993654/51.429881...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
I won this overtext in the Rummage-o-rama! Thanks Cate!
mbmbmbmbmb
On the "far" end of P2 there is indeed a part reserved for mobile homes. We've stayed there for the last 5+ years. As already stated you can easily walk to halls or take the bus. There are toilets and showers.

In the first years I made a reservation beforehand, but the last few years I didn't bother any more. We usually arrive on Wednesday and they never had our reservation on the list. We now just show up and enjoy the Spiel!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Moscrop
United Kingdom
Hove
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Steddum
Germany
Homburg
flag msg tools
madhobbit wrote:
On the "far" end of P2 there is indeed a part reserved for mobile homes. We've stayed there for the last 5+ years. As already stated you can easily walk to halls or take the bus. There are toilets and showers.

In the first years I made a reservation beforehand, but the last few years I didn't bother any more. We usually arrive on Wednesday and they never had our reservation on the list. We now just show up and enjoy the Spiel!

Thanks for the info! My wife and I were thinking of camping there, but we weren't sure if there were toilets and showers. We'll be camping in the back of a small van (Renault Kangoo) instead of a mobile home, do you think that will be an issue? Also, do people play games during the evenings at the site?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
I won this overtext in the Rummage-o-rama! Thanks Cate!
mbmbmbmbmb
Camping in a small van is no problem.

I think there will be some gaming going on, but that's all happening inside the mobile homes. The Atlantic hotel is very close by and if I'm correct they set up a gaming room during Spiel. And there are quite some restaurants nearby, where you see games popping up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.