Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The result is a tense and truly cooperative experience where players must work together, communicate well, plan effectively, and use the strengths of their investigators in an attempt to stay a step ahead on the mean streets of the city.

So does it offer hidden information or any kind to enable single players to play together but also play for themselves or is it basically a shared-labour solitaire game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Reissmann
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ionas wrote:
Quote:
The result is a tense and truly cooperative experience where players must work together, communicate well, plan effectively, and use the strengths of their investigators in an attempt to stay a step ahead on the mean streets of the city.

So does it offer hidden information or any kind to enable single players to play together but also play for themselves or is it basically a shared-labour solitaire game?
There isn't any information that players keep secret from each other. The timed planning phase has players working together to figure out the same puzzle, but each person individually figuring out their own piece of it. There isn't time for everyone to be a part of every decision so it doesn't feel like working together on a solitaire game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a time constraint going? Like a real time clock?

If not, I can only see the mechanics being shared-labour-solitaire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J-F Audy
Canada
Chambly
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a time constraint!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so it "fixes" the issue like Space Alert does. Not my thing then but that doesn't mean its in any way bad per se. If I get to see it I will want to play it to see how stressful it is "for me".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.