Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you cant preorder an English copy from Feuerland, its either get one from ZMan or hope they have some in English.

But I reallllly want the Elk (moose) that comes as a promo with the German version when you preorder it from Feuerland. I have spoken to Feuerland and there is nothing they can do.

Is there anyone preordering the German version from Feuerland who would be willing to sell me the Elk? I will be at Essen from Wed afternoon to Sunday afternoon.

I would be very grateful. I am happy to pay cash, or anything you might want that is difficult to get outside of the UK. Or buy you a beer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milena Guberinic
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Mina's Fresh Cardboard
mbmbmbmbmb
startrouble wrote:
So you cant preorder an English copy from Feuerland, its either get one from ZMan or hope they have some in English.

But I reallllly want the Elk (moose) that comes as a promo with the German version when you preorder it from Feuerland. I have spoken to Feuerland and there is nothing they can do.

Is there anyone preordering the German version from Feuerland who would be willing to sell me the Elk? I will be at Essen from Wed afternoon to Sunday afternoon.

I would be very grateful. I am happy to pay cash, or anything you might want that is difficult to get outside of the UK. Or buy you a beer.

I want to second this request. As in, I want it too! I will also be in Essen from Wednesday to Sunday...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad Mina.... I asked first!! :p :meeple:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you absolutely sure that the Z-man version won't have the first player Elk marker? According to the Feuerland email, it seems like the difference might be that it will come pre-painted in the German pre-orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ran Carnelaine
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is this elk thing?! I want one... but no Essen for me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Feuerland version is the only one to come with a painted Elk, usually at Essen Feuerland have a big old box of these things I am sure if you ask nicley enough you can get one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is where priorities lie? An Elk first player marker that has no bearing on gameplay? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked nicely by email and was told no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
juanma99 wrote:
Are you absolutely sure that the Z-man version won't have the first player Elk marker? According to the Feuerland email, it seems like the difference might be that it will come pre-painted in the German pre-orders.

Possibly, but they've said the Elk is only with the preorders, and therefore it wouldnt make sense to put them in the box in advance?

So I'm presuming that it will be given out separately. (and there will be a non-painted one in the box).

As I can't paint, and am a girly completionist I would therefore like one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was *thinking* of getting a demo of the game at Essen. I want to see how heavy it is to make a decision whether it caters to my group or not. I also wanted to see how much time all the components need to be prepared for gaming. *If* (and this is totally hypothetic) I would purchase the game and it contains an Elk, I would give that Elk to someone who wants it more than I do. But to be honest I don't think I am going to spend 70€ on a board game these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These special elks are only going to be given to people who preorder the German version. The preorder German game is 60 euro. I don't know whether that will be the booth price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legend5555 wrote:
This is where priorities lie? An Elk first player marker that has no bearing on gameplay? shake

Priorities? Who knows, but that is what this thread is about. Nice of you to stop in for no reason and insult people for talking about a thing, though. We can see where your priorities lie, anyways. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:

Priorities? Who knows, but that is what this thread is about. Nice of you to stop in for no reason and insult people for talking about a thing, though. We can see where your priorities lie, anyways. shake

OK. I was trying to find it on Google and Facebook and their website but I failed. The only thing I saw was 69,90 on their website where it says "preorder" in red letters. But you can't click on it. So honestly I don't know where they hide their preorder Let's see if someone else step on for you. If not I might be crazy enough to preorder the game (depending on how much you want to spend for the Elk because that will bring sown my costs, hehe).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:

How dare I express an opinion, huh? Would it have been better if I didn't include the emoji? I can see how that is a little snarky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legend5555 wrote:
grant5 wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:

How dare I express an opinion, huh? Would it have been better if I didn't include the emoji? I can see how that is a little snarky.

Your opinion adds nothing to the discussion, it serves only to insult the people having it. If that wasn't your goal, then what exactly was your intended outcome from a post like that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can preorder here

http://www.feuerland-spiele.de/vorbestellung.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:
grant5 wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:

Your opinion adds nothing to the discussion, it serves only to insult the people having it. If that wasn't your goal, then what exactly was your intended outcome from a post like that?

Okay... you, my friend, need to relax a bit. If you didn't like what I said, you could choose to ignore it like everyone else has thus far.

Consider this the end of the matter because this conversation will derail this thread more than my one line comment ever would have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legend5555 wrote:
grant5 wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:
grant5 wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:

Okay... you, my friend, need to relax a bit. If you didn't like what I said, you could choose to ignore it like everyone else has thus far.

Consider this the end of the matter because this conversation will derail this thread more than my one line comment ever would have.

It's fun that your reaction to criticism is to try to deflect it back onto the person calling you out.

I am sorry to everyone else reading for contributing to the derailing of the thread, but this guy needed his BS called out.

The moose discussion may proceed.

I am very interested in finding out any way to get this thing outside of Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:

It's fun that your reaction to criticism is to try to deflect it back onto the person calling you out.

I am sorry to everyone else reading for contributing to the derailing of the thread, but this guy needed his BS called out.

And so do you as it seems to me you did the same exact thing with your first post.

Louisa - is it elk/moose that you want or you want the painted elk/moose?
According to MiWi unboxing of Z-Man copy (it was a pre-production one, but I don't expect that to be a change they make) there is an elk/moose first player marker (around 0:50 mark)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
startrouble wrote:

Thanks for the link! So this is the item we are talking about:

"People preordering the game will receive a small painted elk" is what the website says. I just looked up the unboxing video and it seems indeed as if this elk is indeed the same than the starting player elk, just painted. So yes, in general I – Daniel – would proceed with the standard elk and give my elk to you. I just don't see myself preordering such a heavy game now. So let's see if someone else steps in. And if not, I'll consider preordering it after I have had the chance to see a review video.

I wonder why Feuerland isn't willing to sell you a moose, maybe they have only a very limited quantity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:
grant5 wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:
grant5 wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:

Sorry for this...

Calling me out? I readily admitted to making a snarky opinion. You didn't call anything out. That would imply I thought I was getting away with something or didn't realize how my comment might be taken. I knew what I was doing and knew how it might be received. Otherwise I wouldn't have made the comment.

I harbor no ill will for the OP or anyone else who wants this Elk. I just wanted to make a comment on superfluous game pieces. I see no reason I can't make an on topic, negative comment on the matter.

Nor did I deflect anything. I thought you were overreacting to a simple comment that you could have just ignored. Nothing would have ever come of it. Next time you wanna be a justice warrior, PM me instead of dragging this whole meaningless conversation into the spotlight.

I sincerely apologize to everyone that has witnessed this now. I really mean that! I could have just PMed this, but I don't want other people to get away with making incorrect assumptions about my behavior for all to see.

I hope you all get your Elk. But I still think going after a piece that has no meaningful gameplay function is silly. The game looks just as fun without it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milena Guberinic
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Mina's Fresh Cardboard
mbmbmbmbmb
startrouble wrote:
Bad Mina.... I asked first!! meeple

Well obviously you get the first one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
milenaguberinic wrote:
startrouble wrote:
Bad Mina.... I asked first!! :p :meeple:

Well obviously you get the first one! ;)

does that mean I get the 3rd one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Steph you can have the third one.

It may seem silly to other people, but its not to other people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
startrouble wrote:
Yes Steph you can have the third one.

It may seem silly to other people, but its not to other people.

There is also an alternative - find a miniature painter in your area and ask them to paint the moose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.