Isaac Shalev
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in finding a publisher who has good experience with including solo modes in their games, so that we can interview them on On Board Games. I want to learn about the business side of creating solo games: how adding a solo mode impacts sales, what are the costs associated with it, etc. (If you're interested, the topic came out of a discussion on this thread https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/23647835#23647835)

So hit me! Which publishers are including solo modes in their games pretty consistently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2015 People's Choice Top 100 Solo Games

Z-Man has the Oniverse line of games which are popular

Tony Boydell has Snowdonia which is in the top 20 and also Guilds of London which has solo rules.

Stonemaier has Scythe and Viticulutre which use Morten's Automa system.

Van Ryder Games has Hostage Negotiator and Salvation Road.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
GMT Games have been putting solitaire bots into a lot of their recent offerings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan Verssen Games (DVG) also do some rather excellent solo-only games, along with Victory Point Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
The various publishers of Uwe Rosenberg's games. In fact, you might contact Uwe himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kellett
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Almes & Michael Coe of Gamelyn Games always make their Tiny Epic games solo friendly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.