Popular Tags: [View All]
Crow
United States
Somecity
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An amalgamation of the various builds;

0-12 Peasant 40,000 6 3 3 7 Illiterate (General)

0-6 Squire 70,000 6 3 3 8 Wrestle (General, Strength)

0-2 Questing Knight 130,000 6 4 3 9 Chivalrous, Juggernaut, Nerves of Steel (General, Strength, Passing)

ReRolls: 50,000

Illiterate: This player may never take Passing, Strength, or Agility skills.

Chivalrous: This player may not commit or participate in Foul Actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't really speak to the balance or costing, but I love Chivalrous!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crow
United States
Somecity
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The idea is a running team, focused around the Knight, but with success being dependent on development of the Squires.

The Peasants are essentially a worse version of the Hobgoblin. They are filler who's strong point is probably the foul.

The Squires start with the ability to break the cage, or break open a hole wide enough for the Knights to stomp through. The ability to take Strength skills, however, gives them potential to move the team toward some bashing. Likely one with Sure Hands to serve as ball gopher on the Kick-Off, handing it to the Knight, of course. Also, a Squire who adds Tackle becomes pretty effective at taking down the AG players ... even WarDancers.

The Knights are the running backs, with Juggernaut and a 4 ST making tough to stop right from the start. Adding Break Tackle, or Sure Feet, or various skills, can make them among the most formidable runners in the game. Nerves of Steel lets them take the Hand-Off in a scrum, and try to battle their way out.

The team is average speed, roughly average ST, and has no passing game. Due to the heavy reliance on Wrestle, I'd expect they do very well against Dwarf & Chaos Dwarf teams, but struggle a bit against Skaven and Wood Elf (as Wrestle is inversely powerful with opponent speed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too much STR focus IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crow
United States
Somecity
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:
Too much STR focus IMHO.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

You mean two positions with access to ST skills? 13 of the 22 teams have at least that much or more.

If you mean two ST 4 players, 15 teams have more.

If you mean not enough AG/Pass, 10 teams are as bad or worse.

If you mean 8 total players with ST access, 6 teams have more.

They are actually right in the middle, or in the bottom half, of the teams in terms of overall ST.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.