GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,822 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Fleet: Arctic Bounty» Forums » Rules

Subject: What License\Boat Cards do you use for competitive Solo play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Ley
United States
Export
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I played for the first time last night. I am pretty sure I played correctly, although there is a chance that one round I forgot to launch TC and Kirkman's boats. I ended up winning 48-42-22. That led me to believe that perhaps the combination of standard\premium licenses I chose was not the best for solo play. Have you found a group of them that you recommend using, or ones to avoid altogether when playing solo.
I love the game, and really look forward to playing it lots!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted one here a while back:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1136227/solo-game-post-your...

The fact that Mike Fitzgerald tried it pretty much made my day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Silov
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
The only tweak I make is that there must be more even-coin standard licenses than odd-coin standard licenses, to help keep the auctions competitive and to increase TC's launch rate.

[Edit: I bow to the designer, who posted while I was writing. Mr. Pinchback's alternative is a beefier version of the constraint I use.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ivan_Silov wrote:
The only tweak I make is that there must be more even-coin standard licenses than odd-coin standard licenses, to help keep the auctions competitive and to increase TC's launch rate.

[Edit: I bow to the designer, who posted while I was writing. Mr. Pinchback's alternative is a beefier version of the constraint I use.]

All input is wanted!
I was hoping some other people would post tough builds / challenges too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Silov
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
In that case...

Canadian DFO Solo Tweaks (That Others Might Already Use as a Default, but What the Hell):

(1) To toughen up Kirkman, if he has a DFO license, he also launches any time he draws a DFO.

(2) Furthermore, every time a DFO is launched by any captain (yourself included) [Edit: that has a DFO license; i.e., not when TC launches a DFO without a DFO license], that captain takes one crate from each of the other captains just as in a multi-player game. If you launch a DFO, place a marker on each captain that has launched at least one boat (subtract one VP per marker from the captain's score at the end of the game). Crates taken from the other captains do not come from the supply. If another captain launches a DFO, place a marker on the other captain as above, and remove a crate from one of your boats (from a DFO boat, if available).

(3) All captains score DFO VPs as per the license (one per license per DFO crate). Note that you can take a crate from another captain's DFO if he has launched one, and hence you can steal one VP per DFO license held by that captain rather than just one VP when you take a crate from a DFO).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.