GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

7,805 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Cim Fisher
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've been working on a South Park expansion for a while and am finally ready to start posting.

Disclaimer
South Park can be crude, vulgar, and sometimes offensive. While I have tried to avoid anything that may be too extreme, this is still South Park, and with it comes some of that crudeness, vulgarity, and offensiveness. As a result, if you dislike that sort of content or South Park, then this isn't for you. Otherwise, enjoy. Critique and comments are very welcome.

South Park is about to start its 20th season, so there's a lot to pull from. For this expansion, I pulled from all the past seasons, but mostly focused on the the episodes "The Coon" and "The Coon Trilogy" (the superhero episodes).

I came up with two new keywords for the South Park characters.

Immortal
Immortal is a keyword that appears on hero cards to protect them from KO effects. When a card with Immortal is KO'd from your hand or discard pile, then you can return it to the bottom of your deck at the end of your turn. This is done after drawing a new hand of cards. This doesn't protect the card from being KO'd from your deck (such as from a Feast), or from the Hero Deck, or the HQ.

Pissed Off
Pissed Off is a keyword that appears on hero cards and is followed by an effect. When you play a card with Pissed Off, you check your hand and discard pile for a Wound. If you have one and reveal it, you get the Pissed Off effect of the card.

For now, I'll show the four main boys, members of the Coon and Friends team.

The Coon (Eric Cartman)
The Coon may have turned into a Villain in The Coon Trilogy (and I did make him a Mastermind as well), but he was also the founding member of the Coon and Friends team. Cartman thrives on pissing people off. That's true on the show, and I tried to make that come through in his cards as well. With "Pissed Off" triggering by having Wounds, Cartman is there to help get those triggers going. In true Cartman fashion, he can be selfish, or helpful for selfish reasons.

Tool Shed (Stan Marsh)
Tool Shed has mental powers over power tools. So it's pretty vague on how to do him. But power tools can be rough, so I made him a straight up power hitter and city cleaner.

The Human Kite (Kyle Broflovski)
I like the concept behind The Human Kite, but coming up with something different for him was difficult. I'm still not 100% satisfied with him, but making him a city manipulator gives him a little something different.

Mysterion (Kenny McCormick)
Mysterion can't die. Well he can, but he always comes back. He's designed to make use of the Immortal keyword since it was made with him in mind.

I have other heroes, masterminds, henchman etc. to post for South Park, but I'll leave it at these four for now. If anyone has any suggestions or comments, please let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotta includes Squeak's villan character (Professor Chaos)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome idea, and cool that you getting this together when the Fractured But Whole is coming out which features these guys. Just a quick couple of notes.

I feel it would make sense to include a card with Mysterion other than the rare that can KO cards. Usually a hero works with the set, which yours does, but also works within it's own cards. I guess the Immortal idea may be more for protection, but I had a similar function for Mister Immortal from GLA where you could keep KOing his card for benefits.

Secondly, three attack for a four cost card without any qualifiers or penalties tends to be a bit high. Other than that the cards seem to be well balanced. I look forward to seeing the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Ellis
msg tools
mohnkern wrote:
Gotta includes Squeak's villan character (Professor Chaos)

Squeak? You mean Butters? I'm not familiar with Squeak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I love this entire idea!!!
Please continue!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Titus M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome idea! I was feeling prit-tee skeptical when I clicked the link, but man these cards look fun.

Excited to see Masterminds and schemes to go along with it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
I've not got the time to read through these just now, but just thought I'd say that Pissed Off is a) a hilarious keyword and b) a potentially really interesting mechanic that I had been wondering about previously.

Prior to Civil War I was wondering about some sort of Wounded keyword for a Bruce Banner/Hulk combined hero set, using Tech & draw/recruit mechanics for Banner and Strength & attack/wound heal mechanics for Hulk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I would like the first to aid in this venture.

Lets build this as a community, any ideas for the first Mastermind and Mastermind Tactics.... thoughts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
nfrred63 wrote:
I would like the first to aid in this venture.

Lets build this as a community, any ideas for the first Mastermind and Mastermind Tactics.... thoughts

Tactic Name Ideas:
I'm Awesome
I'm Not Married to a Hobbit
I'm Not a Gay Fish
I'm The Voice of a Generation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cim Fisher
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the comments!

jhochges wrote:
I feel it would make sense to include a card with Mysterion other than the rare that can KO cards. Usually a hero works with the set, which yours does, but also works within it's own cards. I guess the Immortal idea may be more for protection, but I had a similar function for Mister Immortal from GLA where you could keep KOing his card for benefits.

It took me a few reads to understand what you were saying, but now that I get it, that makes perfect sense. He's not the only hero I've done with the Immortal ability (just of the these four), but I get exactly what you're saying. and I've updated a card to help work within his own cards.

wrote:
jhochges"Secondly, three attack for a four cost card without any qualifiers or penalties tends to be a bit high. Other than that the cards seem to be well balanced. I look forward to seeing the rest.

And you're absolutely right on that too (I'm assuming you're talking about The Human Kite "Kite's View" card). I've also updated it to reflect this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mendez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Amazing Idea
okay heres my input

Masterminds
Satan
Kyles Mom
Manbearpig
PC Principle

Villain Groups
Pissed off Celebrities
Government Agents
Douchebags
Woodland Critters
Cartman's Personalities
Giant Hamsters

Henchmen
Aliens
6th graders
AARP
Carb People
Hell's Army
PC fratboys
Black Friday Shoppers

Use the citizens of south park as Sidekicks and officers
The wounds should be "owe my balls"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cim Fisher
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rjmendez wrote:
Amazing Idea
okay heres my input

Masterminds
Satan
Kyles Mom
Manbearpig
PC Principle

Villain Groups
Pissed off Celebrities
Government Agents
Douchebags
Woodland Critters
Cartman's Personalities
Giant Hamsters

Henchmen
Aliens
6th graders
AARP
Carb People
Hell's Army
PC fratboys
Black Friday Shoppers

Use the citizens of south park as Sidekicks and officers
The wounds should be "owe my balls"

I actually have Satan as a Mastermind already made. I made ManBearPig also but as a Villain in the Imaginationland Villains group. I considered PC Principal. I also have a Villain group called Mad Celebrities. (I originally called them Pissed Off Celebrities but changed it so as not to use the keyword I made in their villain group name). I have the Woodland Critters made as a Villain Group. As for Henchman, I have Crab People and Visitors (Aliens) and Hell Demons already made as well. Black Friday Shoppers is a GREAT idea that I didn't think of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Love those Robert!!! Very big fan of Woodland Critters

Masterminds
Snooki
Zombie Kenny
Cartman
Mecha Streisand
Canadian Devil
Saddam Hussein

Villain Groups
Goth Kids
Parents
Cartman's Toys

Henchmen
Emo kids
Jersey
Kindergardners

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Quote:
I actually have Satan as a Mastermind already made. I made ManBearPig also but as a Villain in the Imaginationland Villains group. I considered PC Principal. I also have a Villain group called Mad Celebrities. (I originally called them Pissed Off Celebrities but changed it so as not to use the keyword I made in their villain group name). I have the Woodland Critters made as a Villain Group. As for Henchman, I have Crab People and Visitors (Aliens) and Hell Demons already made as well. Black Friday Shoppers is a GREAT idea that I didn't think of.

DUDE!!! START POSTING!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Man you could do all sorts of versions of the boys as well!

Hero
Anime/ Ninja - Episode: Good Times with Weapons
Regular
Lord of the Rings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies, you are right, Butters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.