$15.00
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
New Campaign says "extend this Historique phase by drawing a total of 6 (or 7) more cards after this one!"

1. Whether it's 6 or 7 depends on whether War Tempo Increases is not yet in effect or is already in effect, right?

2. The intention is that regardless of how many cards have already been drawn in this "Historique Phase", we should now start from 0 and draw 6 or 7 more. E.g. if I have already drawn 4 and the 4th one is New Campaign, then I draw 6 more. Right?

3. What if New Campaign is drawn during French actions instead of the "Historique Phase"? Should we still draw 6 or 7 more cards now (in the middle of French actions)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1. Whether it's 6 or 7 depends on whether War Tempo Increases is not yet in effect or is already in effect, right?

Right.

Quote:
2. The intention is that regardless of how many cards have already been drawn in this "Historique Phase", we should now start from 0 and draw 6 or 7 more. E.g. if I have already drawn 4 and the 4th one is New Campaign, then I draw 6 more. Right?

Correct.

Quote:
3. What if New Campaign is drawn during French actions instead of the "Historique Phase"? Should we still draw 6 or 7 more cards now (in the middle of French actions)?

There you have me. It's been a while since I've played. How does this occur?

Thanks,

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:

There you have me. It's been a while since I've played. How does this occur?

There is a French leader Bougainville who lets you draw a card. (And some action too, if I recall.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PAUL FAREY
msg tools
Alan has already dealt with a similar question that i raised regarding drawing the '7 years war erupts' during the French Phase,which is to simply play it as the first card in the next Historique Phase.So i would simply follow this precedent and play the 'New Campaign' Card as the first card in the next Historique Phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a very good solution to that odd situation!

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks; I've updated Empires in America (second edition) FAQ accordingly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.