Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Rothschuh
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I noticed in this thread that some cards seem to have different names than in the PnP edition I have.

Were there any changes between the PnP edition released to backers (like myself) an the published edition?

If so, what are they?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Mikko wrote those based on some old PnP version. There has not been card name changes between any versions. We have updated a couple of effect texts from the cards. These are minor grammar edits and the like. All effects are the same.

You can find updated files from the same link you were provided earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the card list I wrote is based on the latest version of the cards - it mentions in couple of cases "after the update", ie. the last changes in the cards before the released version.

The early PnP version I had had slightly different cards, but the list is not based on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Rothschuh
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But in my version, nuisance is called bad paint job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use your previous link to download the newest files to do a comparison, if you want. Or do you have the black & white version? That was not final and was not updated and thus is not available anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Rothschuh
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, good lord, I just checked and apparently I cancelled my pledge.

So I am the one with the obsolete version.

Hm, maybe I'll have to buy the game along with Dale of Merchants 2 in Essen. Not having to mix published cards and PnP cards does make for a nicer experience anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That explains it then. We have also added full colour print & play files to our online store. Of course those don't quite compare to the actual professionally printed product. Looking forward to meeting you, if you walk by our booth at Essen. You can find us in hall 2 booth 2-D129.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Liuhuparta wrote:
That explains it then. We have also added full colour print & play files to our online store. Of course those don't quite compare to the actual professionally printed product. Looking forward to meeting you, if you walk by our booth at Essen. You can find us in hall 2 booth 2-D129.
Sammi, I consider you to be an industry leader in your implementation and support of PnP for personal crafters. So much so, that I take every opportunity to point much bigger companies at you for inspiration and direction (companies that should be better - with their $500k funding of projects and their projects that fund in under quarter of an hour). I'm a little more gentle with smaller publishers, but I still point them at you for inspiration.

Thank you for your support for the crafting community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the kind comments. Most of the praise should be given to Lord Malachi as he prepared the PnP files for both games. I just provided him with the necessary files and make sure to keep everything updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Rothschuh
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, just to make sure, this image shows an outdated version of the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
True. Some of the printed cards have updated names and effects. They also have unique flavour texts in each different card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.