Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luiz Cavalcante
Brazil
Maceio
Alagoas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1) In the section "Aftermath Prestige", what does really mean the expression "if the two cards match their colour DEFCON symbol"? How is it possible for a card to match its colour DEFCON? Or the rules are saying the DEFCON symbols of the cards inside the spheres of influence attract the cards that match that same DEFCON symbol?

2) When you move a card towards a sphere of influence, is the neutral zone (mid table) an obligatory step? I mean: should a card "stop" in the middle of the table in its way towards one of the two spheres of influence?

Anyway, congratulations to the designers! The game seems very neat and I can hardly wait to try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I understand it like this:
Both players have one card left in their hand at the end of the game.
If both cards have a DEFCON symbol of the same color, both players put their own card into their own sphere of influence (and this may trigger the nuclear war condition).

2) Yes. It reminds of moving the ball in Blood Bowl: Team Manager.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luiz Cavalcante
Brazil
Maceio
Alagoas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Many thanks for the reply, Michael! Now the whole thing makes perfect sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Skjold Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Michael is spot on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Daniel!

You should think about rephrasing the "Aftermath Prestige" section of the rules.

I had to read the full rules a second time and look through the cards in order to find the only interpretation that makes sense for the exact same sentence the OP asked about.
Maybe may "13 Days" experience helped, too.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.