12 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » General

Subject: 50th Anniversary today! Sep 8th rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
Happy Anniversary Star Trek! Here's to 50 more!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Make it so!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fb has new icons for likes to celebrate today, but nothing on Google.

What gives?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Migliore
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
tommygunn2011 wrote:
Fb has new icons for likes to celebrate today, but nothing on Google.

What gives?

Balderdash I say!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wells

Gilbert
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Illogical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb

If any of you are Star Wars fans, I put together an article with a lot of fun Star Trek vs Star Wars mashup photos here:

http://dockingbay416.com/today-is-the-50th-anniversary-of-th...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh When TOS came out I was in high school. I wrote down the Star Dates of the first few episodes, but never did figure out any pattern in them!

Tomorrow "For The Love of Spock" by Adam Nimoy (son) comes out! And I'm setting up a date for my tenth STA game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
laugh When TOS came out I was in high school. I wrote down the Star Dates of the first few episodes, but never did figure out any pattern in them!

Tomorrow "For The Love of Spock" by Adam Nimoy (son) comes out! And I'm setting up a date for my tenth STA game.

I saw FTLOS in June at the Westwood Crest, well the screening Adam and Kai had completed at that point, which was a refinement of the Tribeca screening.

Definitely worth checking out. Very well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lemick
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jon,

That's because the episodes weren't aired in the order in which they were shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Stanton
United States
Paoli
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember watching Star Trek when I was 10 years old. Had quite an influence on me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
For you older guys that saw Star Trek at a young age, how do you look at Star Wars?

I'd imagine Star Trek would be your primary love because you were exposed to it in your formative years.

For me, I grew up on Star Wars in the 80s, (especially playing with the toys) and a little bit of Star Trek which I loved watching on the old cottage black and white tv with rabbit ear reception.

Then TNG hit and it was great, but Star Wars had a huge impact on me probably because I was such a kid when exposed to it (and it was the best Star Wars being the original trilogy).

So I love both, but I was young enough to have both impact me. For you "old guys" what was your experience with all the sci-fi after Star Trek?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
R2EQ wrote:
For you older guys that saw Star Trek at a young age, how do you look at Star Wars?

I'd imagine Star Trek would be your primary love because you were exposed to it in your formative years.

For me, I grew up on Star Wars in the 80s, (especially playing with the toys) and a little bit of Star Trek which I loved watching on the old cottage black and white tv with rabbit ear reception.

Then TNG hit and it was great, but Star Wars had a huge impact on me probably because I was such a kid when exposed to it (and it was the best Star Wars being the original trilogy).

So I love both, but I was young enough to have both impact me. For you "old guys" what was your experience with all the sci-fi after Star Trek?

Well Star Trek TOS was the one I grew up with and I was 21 when the first Star Wars film came out with the successor episodes appearing over the next decade or so. Of course, Star Wars was an enjoyable film but it was just that, initially only available at the cinema. Videos wouldn't be generally available for quite a few years, so you went to see the film enjoyed it and then more or less forgot about it. It was also one of a fair number of great films around then, the Indiana Jones series being an example that springs to mind. Star Trek however was much more ubiquitous, being a TV series it seemed to go on for ages with different episodes each week, so although set in a fairly consistent universe like Star Wars it was a very different animal. Star Wars, at least in terms of the cinema, is effectively one story albeit an epic one, whereas Star Trek is a tapestry of many individual stories and in that respect seemed somewhat richer.

Of course, being a Brit the impact of both is overshadowed for me by the phenomenon of Doctor Who which obsessed me from the age of 8 about 5 years before I came across Kirk, Spock et al.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.