Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Judging from the one photo it looks to me like you dial in a quantity of dots equal to the number of ships you're committing to whichever side you're invited. Presumably there's enough room on the wheel that a blank space can appear on both sides should you choose not to align with anyone.

Can anybody confirm this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Glyn
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
When using this variant (which works best with at least four players), you have an alliance dial that shows exactly how many ships you will commit to which side—if you want to get involved in the encounter at all.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/10/cosmic-...

Sounds to me like you are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
King Friday wrote:
Presumably there's enough room on the wheel that a blank space can appear on both sides should you choose not to align with anyone.

Can anybody confirm this?

Yep, the option to decline all alliance invitations is still available with the dials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Stassen
Belgium
Dilsen-Stokkem
Limburg
flag msg tools
I'll have to wait and see but a simple indication what side you join would be enough for me, still showing the ships that you are commiting, so players can see you do something but not on who's side you are on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
If you'd like to see an older representation of the dial in action, the facebook page just posted an animation.

It's a proof-of-concept from earlier in development. The final version is better; the artwork was improved, the numbers were changed to dots, and little card icons were added for the Foreign Aid feature. The dials also are not quite as large as my hack-job implies (or maybe the person has small hands!).

Anyway, that animated GIF should give you a sense of how they work mechanically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, guys. I've picked up the expansion, but haven't yet had a chance to play with it. The dials seem pretty cool and are easy to understand, though I'm somewhat torn on the size. On one hand I love that they don't take up too much space in my box, but on the other their tight axle makes them a little challenging to turn. Maybe they'll loosen up a bit with some use.

On another note, I managed to stuff that whole expansion into my Broken Token organizer, along with all the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Adams-Cohen
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
King Friday wrote:
Thanks, guys. I've picked up the expansion, but haven't yet had a chance to play with it. The dials seem pretty cool and are easy to understand, though I'm somewhat torn on the size. On one hand I love that they don't take up too much space in my box, but on the other their tight axle makes them a little challenging to turn. Maybe they'll loosen up a bit with some use.

On another note, I managed to stuff that whole expansion into my Broken Token organizer, along with all the others.

How? I haven't gotten Eons yet, but I have no idea how the Broken Token insert with the five previous expansions could fit any additional alien cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainNAC wrote:
King Friday wrote:

How? I haven't gotten Eons yet, but I have no idea how the Broken Token insert with the five previous expansions could fit any additional alien cards!

The alien tray does overflow, but the lid only raises a few mm or so. The rest of it is packed in there like a puzzle. Bear in mind that I don't sleeve my aliens, but I do sleeve all my other cards. Had to remove some card tray dividers to get all the flares and the essence cards in there, but they fit. I store my box on its side, so I put the aliens at the bottom edge since they're very heavy, and the overflow aliens won't slide around that way.

In the end I'll probably end up culling my aliens/flares and some of the add-on decks I don't use much so I can ease the lid back down and restore some card tray dividers, but until then I can handle the slightly raised lid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.