Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently a friend of mine working on a project was confused about how the Dragon worked and we started to talk about it via email.

Quickly it became apparent we weren't talking about the same piece!

I looked at all the rules versions and my piece, and I know what the dragon looks like:

But then he sent me this version:

WHAT???

After extensive research, I found that the second version of the Dragon (with the Jumps and more Moves) was initially shown in the Kickstarter.

Was this version ever made? Or was it just an early design that was toned down before actual publication? Are there TWO versions of the Dragon tile out there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
AFAIK, the image was the initial draft of the Dragon piece. I know of no other printing of the Dragon except the one that you have live pictures of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Diener
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing your friend made a Print'n'Play version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
White Elk wrote:
I'm guessing your friend made a Print'n'Play version?

No, he has a regular set and all the expansions.

But he is using graphics from PDF documents in creating a computer AI to play against him.

In the process, he noticed the difference between the dragons and was worried about whether or not he needed to program two versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
space monkey mafia wrote:
AFAIK, the image was the initial draft of the Dragon piece. I know of no other printing of the Dragon except the one that you have live pictures of.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.