Subject: 360 camera + board games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian LaCount
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Hey BGG!
We're a new podcast group called The Spoken Dork, talking about video games, board games, love, and friendship.

We have just uploaded our first public 360 video of us playing Spartacus: The Board Game! As with the game, the video contains very strong language so be warned.

The 360 camera is sitting on the table itself, hence the title "On The Table". You can use your phone or PC to rotate the camera around and check out the game from the angle you want. It's also compatible with VR headsets.

We're looking for feedback on this new format of video. Still tinkering with the settings so any comments are appreciated. The camera overheated a few times so the video skips some large portions of the game but there's still about an hour of footage.

Thanks a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loose Cannon
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds awesome. I just played with one of these camera's last week and this same concept came to mind.

Keep it up. Sounds like fun.
And: film playing Battlestar Galactica.
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami Finkelshtein
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Just another day on the staircase
mbmbmbmbmb
Curiously what camera did you use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg S.
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan on doing the same thing (record gaming sessions in 360), but probably not for YouTube.

I didn't like the video quality of the first camera I bought a couple of weeks ago (360Fly 4k), so I returned it.

I, too, am curious which camera you are using and how you like it so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
mbmbmbmbmb
This is frigging awesome dude

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
EZ FLASH 3 FTW
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the best board game video available on Youtube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian LaCount
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Wow! Thanks a lot for the great response, everyone! I really didn't expect this kind of reception. We'll try to keep it up and improve.

The camera is a Samsung Gear 360. We were recording in 4k but the unit kept overheating and shutting down. Not ideal for long board games. We're going to try it again with a lower video setting to see if that fixes the issue. We're also going to try using microphones for each person so the audio comes through cleaner.

I'm going to see if Samsung's engineers can allow me to change the zero angle of the camera so I can hang the cam from the ceiling light right above the board. It should provide an excellent view.

Thanks for the suggestion, Joe. We will certainly look at playing Battlestar Galactica in the future!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.