Subject: Solo looks impossible. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Bielcik
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I'd love to play this game, but I mostly play solo, and it looks as though there's no way that can be done. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the same way you play chess against yourself. pretend you don't know what the other one is doing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Solo System maybe?

It works with other VS games, so before someone comes up with a dedicated solo variant, the solo system seems like the way to go
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is at least as possible as Descent 2.0 or Mansions of Madness 2.0. Meaning it will need an app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Alvarez
Puerto Rico
Hatillo
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would love a solo expansion (some type of AI deck?). Maybe they can implement a solo variant through the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ikim wrote:
The Solo System maybe?

It works with other VS games, so before someone comes up with a dedicated solo variant, the solo system seems like the way to go
I just read up on the solo system. Interesting, but overly complex. I just figure out a personality type for my opponent and boil everything down to a couple of choices (like the solo system) then I assign a probability for each choice, roll a percentile die, and take the ascribed action. The personality archetype determines the percentile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Leroy
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A set of AI objectives for each scenario combined with AI behavior cards for each monster might do the trick, but I think what makes Conan different is that there's a resource management component and opponents cost a different amount to activate depending on where they are in the Book of Skelos. Making an even halfway decent AI seems tough. Maybe each objective could be prioritized with the AI spending a certain % of its resources to accomplish it, allowing for activations, attack/defense boosting, etc. I think it could be done, but my concern is whether or not the results would be worth the trouble. I'm not sure if there's enough meat on the bones for this to be a rewarding solo game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.