BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Games similar to Crokinole and Klask? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Kushner
United States
flag msg tools
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any games similar to Crokinole and Klask. I believe the category of games I'm looking for would be dexterity tabletop games. However, I'm not interested in games that have dice or cards similar to Catacombs or Ascending Empires. Maybe what I'm looking for would be considered tabletop pub games more so than anything? I seem to gravitate more towards skill games that are typically made of wood (strange, sorry). For example, Weykick, although I have not played it, looks very interesting to me. I'm familiar with Pucket, Shuffleboard, and Carrom already. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Kyle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Blackford
United States
Huber Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hi-diddly-ho, neighborino!
badge
"I'll have a Shirley... No, a virgin... No, a children's... Oh, what the heck? You only live once. Give me a white wine spritzer! "
mbmbmbmbmb
Some that jump to mind would be PitchCar or Hamsterrolle, both are excellent dexterity games in addition to the games you listed (all good choices, by the way). Tumblin-Dice may be another, although I don't know much about it.

Click Clack Lumberjack or Flick 'em Up! also seem to get generally positive ratings/reviews, although these have more theme to them and may be more "gamey" than the pub games like those above.

I'll be eying this thread closely, as I'm always looking for more dex games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Kushner
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, I've played all of those games and they bore me to tears, ha. I'm really looking for games similar to Crokinole, Carrom, and Klask in particular. Pitchcar and Tumblin-Dice would be closest to the type of games that I'm looking for, but they still don't quite fit the mold. More specifically, I'm looking for skill based competitive tabletop dexterity games. Crokinole and Klask fit this description PERFECTLY, whereas a game like Click Clack Lumberjack for example I would consider more of a fun... laugh out loud goofy game. I realize these are all dexterity games, and fall into the category of games that you've mentioned, but I'm really emphasizing the wooden playing surface and traits that these 3 games have. Sorry for the confusion. Unfortunately, I'm not even sure how to explain what I'm looking for with 100% accuracy. Seriously though, I appreciate the response!

Kyle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Blackford
United States
Huber Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hi-diddly-ho, neighborino!
badge
"I'll have a Shirley... No, a virgin... No, a children's... Oh, what the heck? You only live once. Give me a white wine spritzer! "
mbmbmbmbmb
kyledkushner wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, I've played all of those games and they bore me to tears, ha. I'm really looking for games similar to Crokinole, Carrom, and Klask in particular.

I was afraid of that! I'm sure there are others, I just have no clue what/where they may be! Best of luck in your search, and hopefully you get a few more responses and the suggestions start flowing.

At least you have a few classics to keep you entertained for now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lampeter
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dice Tower reviewed a tiny little game sometime this summer that Tom presented as Crokinole without the board. I don't remember the name,but it was essentially a little bag of wooden disks that you flick around on any smooth table top. Maybe someone else will remember the name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Kushner
United States
flag msg tools
If it's what I saw, it was something along the lines of Caveman Shuffleboard or something like that. I've not played it, but I'm not sure it would be something that I'd be interested in. Maybe I'm looking for games that don't exist. I just assumed there would be loads of options out there that are similar to those 3 games. You know what they say about assuming... Thanks for the response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
may-prigent Ffran
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You mentioned Carrom. Nothing better than investing in a real Carrom table !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Kushner
United States
flag msg tools
gobaith wrote:
You mentioned Carrom. Nothing better than investing in a real Carrom table !!

I couldn't agree more. My board is pretty awful. Not quite sure where to get a good board in the States at a reasonable price though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mister lee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Subbuteo

Subbuteo is a soccer based skill dexterity game.

I personally haven't played it but I was very close to purchasing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDFfCklLUGA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Kushner
United States
flag msg tools
canadiankorean wrote:
Subbuteo

Subbuteo is a soccer based skill dexterity game.

I personally haven't played it but I was very close to purchasing it.

That looks amazing. Games like this are exactly what I'm looking for. I'll have to do a bit more research as it looks huge and expensive. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mister lee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kyledkushner wrote:

That looks amazing. Games like this are exactly what I'm looking for. I'll have to do a bit more research as it looks huge and expensive. Thank you!

I think you can find cheap starter sets on ebay.
I almost bought one for $20-30 bucks for the starter set.

However, you can buy football teams like FC Barcelona for $$$.

The reason why I didn't buy it was the large table needed to really enjoy the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Kushner
United States
flag msg tools
canadiankorean wrote:
kyledkushner wrote:

I think you can find cheap starter sets on ebay.
I almost bought one for $20-30 bucks for the starter set.

However, you can buy football teams like FC Barcelona for $$$.

The reason why I didn't buy it was the large table needed to really enjoy the game.

Definitely something to consider. Originally I thought that the board was a tabletop, but then I realized that it was cloth that you lay over your own tabletop. Pricing isn't bad. I'll definitely consider it. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Villemure
Canada
Lévis
QC
flag msg tools
Stop hovering my badge !
badge
Did you know? Hibou is french for owl.
mbmbmbmbmb
lampeter wrote:
The Dice Tower reviewed a tiny little game sometime this summer that Tom presented as Crokinole without the board. I don't remember the name,but it was essentially a little bag of wooden disks that you flick around on any smooth table top. Maybe someone else will remember the name.

Push It
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Huter
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taktika may be something that interests you. Unfortunately, it can be tough to find an official copy. With that said, it's fairly easy to make a homemade edition.

You might also scan https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefamily/5552/finger-fl... which lists roughly 170 of such games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Kushner
United States
flag msg tools
Those both look interesting. Push It looks to be right up my alley due to its ease, yet subtle strategy. Seems a bit pricey at $30 considering that you get 9 wood discs and a bag. However, I think I'll pick that one up next. Thanks to both of you for the suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.