United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Questions:

1) Louder. On my (I guess 2nd ed?) version of the card it says if no contact or foul against S1 or S2, then the effect happens. Due to the errata saying it doesn't work on fouls, I assume this ambiguous text means "if no contact or no foul". Since the only options against an S are contact, foul, or strike, I'm assuming this only kicks in when you get a strike ("if strike" is much clearer than "if no contact or foul").

2) Louder again. Against S1 you can't get a strike, only a foul or contact. So why is that listed? Does this really only kick in when you roll and S2 and the batter rolls a 1?

3) If I crush and get an automatic single or double, how do the other base runners advance? If I have someone on 1st and 3rd and I get a single, is it a win or bases loaded? If I have someone on second and get a double is it a win or do I now have runners on 2nd and 3rd?

4) I see nothing in the rules that can get a runner out after they've gotten on base. If this is true, am I right in saying that in reality I only really need to track the lead runner, and I basically just need 4 "on base" results to win?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pusherman42 wrote:

3) If I crush and get an automatic single or double, how do the other base runners advance? If I have someone on 1st and 3rd and I get a single, is it a win or bases loaded? If I have someone on second and get a double is it a win or do I now have runners on 2nd and 3rd?

4) I see nothing in the rules that can get a runner out after they've gotten on base. If this is true, am I right in saying that in reality I only really need to track the lead runner, and I basically just need 4 "on base" results to win?

I will let someone else handle the card specific quetions.

3) All runners advance. So even if you have one runner on third and you get a hit the runner on third makes it home.

4) The rules state the lead runner is out when doing the run off. Unless second edition is different. In first edition it does say lead runner is out. So if you have a person on third and first and your hitter gets contact, your real time dice rolling is to see if the lead runner is out. All runners still advance. So the out would be at home plate in this situation and you would have a runner on first and second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Yeah, the 2nd ed says it's the batter that's out. So from what I can tell, if it's always the batter that's out, and the base runner always advance with any singe/double (whether a run-off or not), then basically it's really only required to track the lead runner and score four "points."

That's not a dig against the game really, tracking the bases gives a sense of theme while I try and score 4 points before the pitcher scores 3, but just wanting to make sure my understanding was correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mullins
United States
Lincoln University
PA
flag msg tools
designer
It's always my turn.
mbmbmbmbmb
pusherman42 wrote:
Questions:
1) Louder. On my (I guess 2nd ed?) version of the card it says if no contact or foul against S1 or S2, then the effect happens. Due to the errata saying it doesn't work on fouls, I assume this ambiguous text means "if no contact or no foul". Since the only options against an S are contact, foul, or strike, I'm assuming this only kicks in when you get a strike ("if strike" is much clearer than "if no contact or foul").

2) Louder again. Against S1 you can't get a strike, only a foul or contact. So why is that listed? Does this really only kick in when you roll and S2 and the batter rolls a 1?

The reason for "contact or foul" is that a foul counts as a strike, so "strike" wouldn't be specific enough. You are correct about when the ability would fire off though, so the newest version of the card simply says "...S2 pitch..."

pusherman42 wrote:

Yep, runners advance = to batter's bases earned.

pusherman42 wrote:

This has been a sticking point in every edition of the game rules. There will be a new post here crowdsourcing a resolution, so look out for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.