Subject: -1 CSA reign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw this little text on the map about the mississippi control (just under 10sw if union controls the river).
There is nothing in the rulebook about this, so what does it mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humulus Lupulus
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo
mbmbmbmbmb
The confederacy gets one fewer reinforcement if the Union has complete control of the Mississippi, I believe.

Quote:
10.42 It is also reduced by one if the Union player currently has naval control of the entire length of the Mississippi River.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Harmony, liberal intercourse with all nations, are recommended by policy, humanity, and interest.
mbmbmbmbmb
-1 CSA reinf, not reign

CSA loses 1 SP of reinforcements if USA has naval control of the Mississippi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Avtomatik wrote:
Saw this little text on the map about the mississippi control (just under 10sw if union controls the river).
There is nothing in the rulebook about this, so what does it mean?

Not sure which edition you have....but in the 2000 edition, there is a blue box that says "Union Control of Mississippi +10 SW - 1 CSA Rein"

So we go to the rule book:

12.8 The Mississippi River wrote:
If the Union player during the Political Control Phase has naval control of all spaces on the Mississippi River, he gains 10 SW points (i.e., if the Confederate player does not have any fort or ironclad [not Hunley] in any of the river port spaces). This is a one-time bonus and is not lost if the Confederate later recaptures one or more spaces on the river.

Dave Rubin already noted what happens with the -1 CSA Rein, so I'll let that go. :-)

Hope this helped!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ye thanks, I read it wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.