Subject: Advanced eruptors and guardians problem - Missing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
daniele daniele
Italy
Varese
flag msg tools
mb
Why are there only 2 advanced eruptors and 2 advanced guardians in the box if corrispondent alien cards request to spawn more than 2 each?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Who's hungry for a new game?
mbmbmbmbmb
cely81 wrote:
Why are there only 2 advanced eruptors and 2 advanced guardians in the box if corrispondent alien cards request to spawn more than 2 each?

We apologize. The cards are misprinted. You should only spawn 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Reubzaet
Netherlands
Landgraaf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:
We apologize. The cards are misprinted. You should only spawn 2.

Wow, that comes as a surprise! I actually have 4 of each type of advanced mini (so I have one Guardian more than is called for) and I just spawn the number on the cards.

Depending on how many people have the issue with too few miniatures, I would really doubt whether it would be cooler for the game experience to send people the extra minis...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Co1980 wrote:
Depending on how many people have the issue with too few miniatures, I would really doubt whether it would be cooler for the game experience to send people the extra minis...

The quantity of the miniatures is correct (you can cross-reference it with our KS campaign). The cards just state the wrong number to be spawned. (2 is the correct one)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How about an errata somewhere so that these corrections could all be found in one place?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThomasDN wrote:
How about an errata somewhere so that these corrections could all be found in one place?

Yes. We will do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:
ThomasDN wrote:

Yes. We will do that.
Perfect. Please let us know where to find it when...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Housden
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Actually, I just noticed the same thing and emailed the makers.

The Alien box says there are 40 miniatures:
1 Mega-Boss.
4 Boss Aliens.
15 Special Aliens.
20 Advanced Aliens.

This means we should have four of each of the five types of Advanced aliens as per the box, certainly not two? Surely the cards (and box) are right and there are a couple of spare miniatures?

Cheers,
Neil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I think the cards are right and Drawlabs don't want the hassle of sending out extra advanced aliens...like to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seba J
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThomasDN wrote:
Perfect. Please let us know where to find it when...

subscribing to the "news"-forum should do the trick. an official errata document would get announced there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Troll66 wrote:
I think the cards are right and Drawlabs don't want the hassle of sending out extra advanced aliens...like to me!

Ι am personally responsible for this misprint blush I apologize.

Since Alien Pack includes the stretch rewards of the KS campaign, you can check out KS and see that only 2 miniatures of Advanced Guardians and Eruptors are there.

We became aware of the issue before shipping but it was impossible to just add two more minis since the molds are designed in a way that they produce fixed quantities. That means that if we just added those in the box to cover the misprint, we would end up with a stock of several other miniatures that could not be used.

A general rule that should be followed is that if you do not have sufficient miniatures of an Alien type to spawn, you only spawn as many as there are available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about sending us cards with the correct number on it? That must be cheaper than sending miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Francis
Australia
Maryborough
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured it was a card misprint.
If a replacement bit becomes available, great...
Otherwise, I think I'll be able to remember

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just cut out a little square of the sticky part of a post-it, wrote the correct number on it, placed it on the card and put the card back in it's sleeve. This works fine - as long as the cards are sleeved, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThomasDN wrote:
I just cut out a little square of the sticky part of a post-it, wrote the correct number on it, placed it on the card and put the card back in it's sleeve. This works fine - as long as the cards are sleeved, of course.

We'll make sure to provide an online replacement for the graphics that can be printed on sticker-paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:
We'll make sure to provide an online replacement for the graphics that can be printed on sticker-paper.

Ooh! Even better!

Please remember to collect everything in one place, in an errata of sorts.
For instance in a thread here on bgg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So...miniatures are blobs, the boards and cards are misprinted, missing/damaged components, the project is almost a year late...quality every step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You will be hard pressed to find a Kickstarter board game where there are absolutely no mishaps, no broken or missing parts, no misprints etc.

You will also be hard pressed to find a campaign where the designers are as active here on BoardGameGeek replying to questions.

All I am saying is that it is not bad all the way. Sure there were blobs and lateness but there is also a unique, solid, fun game.

I for one am glad I backed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThomasDN wrote:

I agree. This errata document is going to be a book at this rate.

quidom wrote:
So...miniatures are blobs, the boards and cards are misprinted, missing/damaged components, the project is almost a year late...quality every step.

laugh thumbsup

ThomasDN wrote:
You will be hard pressed to find a Kickstarter board game where there are absolutely no mishaps, no broken or missing parts, no misprints etc.

I have many that had no issues. I'm not going to go look but I'd bet 300 out of my 330 have no issues.

ThomasDN wrote:
You will also be hard pressed to find a campaign where the designers are as active here on BoardGameGeek replying to questions.

I've spoken to and/or seen many (50? 100?) KS designers on BGG.

ThomasDN wrote:
All I am saying is that it is not bad all the way. Sure there were blobs and lateness but there is also a unique, solid, fun game. I for one am glad I backed.

I don't know if I'm glad I backed. I still don't have it yet. With all the issues, though, I'm 1000% less enthused about it. But I am getting 1000% more irritated. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
122% of the general population don't know how to calculate percentages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quidom wrote:

We can all agree that the miniatures could be better. I am just happy to see that most backers find them acceptable and many of them suitable for the game's nature.

1) Missing and damaged components are replaced. It happens in all games and all productions from all companies and will continue happening until the day games are 100% made by robots (that would help the emotional part as well)

2) board and cards misprinted. Those are super-minor issues that do not affect the game at all.

I believe that your post is a little unfair and includes lots of exaggeration. To back that up, I invite you to take a look at all the ratings added in the last month from all those who have already received and played the game. link.

Have you seen such comments and ratings on many games with blobs, misprints, delays and overall bad quality as you mention?

I am very glad that most people who received and played the game are happy with it. I know its impossible to have everyone happy but at least most people are. I hope when you receive yours, your mood may shift a little.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:
quidom wrote:

We can all agree that the miniatures could be better. I am just happy to see that most backers find them acceptable and many of them suitable for the game's nature.

1) Missing and damaged components are replaced. It happens in all games and all productions from all companies and will continue happening until the day games are 100% made by robots (that would help the emotional part as well)

2) board and cards misprinted. Those are super-minor issues that do not affect the game at all.

I believe that your post is a little unfair and includes lots of exaggeration. To back that up, I invite you to take a look at all the ratings added in the last month from all those who have already received and played the game. link.

Have you seen such comments and ratings on many games with blobs, misprints, delays and overall bad quality as you mention?

I am very glad that most people who received and played the game are happy with it. I know its impossible to have everyone happy but at least most people are. I hope when you receive yours, your mood may shift a little.

I tend to agree here, minor errors happen all the time. Look at Stonemaier Games, what some people consider to be the best company for KS'ers. Even they have had minor error on boards, cards, etc.

I was one of the first people to speak out against the first one run blobby miniatures and I have been quite vocal about the poor communication on this KS'er. However these minor mistakes happen to everyone quite often and I won't hold that against Artipia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Fort Meade
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:
quidom wrote:

1) As far as I'm concerned, the figures are a failure ... absolutely not as advertised. This is coming from the perspective of a painter. The nature of the game itself was no excuse for sloppy quality, though seems to be the defacto excuse.

2) These issues, too, could have been prevented with better communication, crowd-sourced editing... that sort of thing. The "surprise, we're done with production, look at the figures!" fiasco had multiple issues.

And yeah, Mercs Recon had similar things going on. Molds were crap, the tiles and dice terrible, but gameplay is fascinating overall. It's caused many people to swear off MegaCon Games. Part of it is the "little to no effect" attitude.

Rules errata is one thing, but card and board errata is significant, to the point where most companies are going to issue fixes. NSKN had a ton of errors in Mistfall, but the fixes were included in their Mistfall expansion/reprint kickstarter. They made high-res pasteups to use in the short term. This model should be observed and replicated, at the very least; if you make more copies, fix the issues and send them free to backers/people who send you the screw ups. Run a new campaign for actual, high res miniatures and an expansion. Kick Drawlab to the curb. That sort of thing.

Kickstarters ain't perfect, but I don't think you guys have had one this flawed yet, which was a nasty surprise for those of us who've backed you before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:
Co1980 wrote:

The quantity of the miniatures is correct (you can cross-reference it with our KS campaign). The cards just state the wrong number to be spawned. (2 is the correct one)

Whilst this is correct, it does strike me that I would rather see two "elite" guardians / exploders spawn, rather than 4 basic ones. With the other aliens, actually getting 3-4 elite units out is a little more threatening than regular units, but only getting 2 elites of these extra aliens feels oddly like getting a small break from the game.

Shame these aliens didn't also come in sets of four - was this simply a stretch goal we failed to meet, or a deliberate design decision that only 2 of these newer models was the "correct" difficulty for those elite aliens? Would be good - albeit highly impractical, I suspect - to be able to purchase another 2 elite aliens of each type to make up the numbers.

Have had some great games of this so far, and now having opened up all the expansions and mixed them in, looking forward to getting this to the table again real soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I just received a 2015 Essen copy of the game, and it has 4 of each of the "elite" units, including guardians / exploders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.