Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dreux Barbier
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is armor/defense on the the avatar ONLY for when mixing sets as the rule book states? Or is there something I'm missing about how it works? Is it like extra hps for taking crew strikes?

Thanks!
Dreux
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
North Wales
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR!
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
mbmbmbmbmb
cajuntechie wrote:
Is armor/defense on the the avatar ONLY for when mixing sets as the rule book states? Or is there something I'm missing about how it works? Is it like extra hps for taking crew strikes?

Thanks!
Dreux

It is mainly for mixing sets, but it also comes info effect when you have to shoot an ally for a certain reason. You basically need to get a number of strikes equal to (I think) or above to "hit them." Some cards make reference to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The above person is correct. Check out the side job where you have to attack Jayne. To do so, you'll need to generate his armor value in attack cards, so 4 to have him draw a strike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
saint1012 wrote:
The above person is correct. Check out the side job where you have to attack Jayne. To do so, you'll need to generate his armor value in attack cards, so 4 to have him draw a strike.

Or if Jayne is not a Main Character, you can choose a different Main Character to attack to complete the Side Job.

I'm glad they included an armor/defense value for each character, for those that want to try and integrate Firefly characters into the other LE games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Brownell
United States
Twin Oaks
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also optionally add it to Health to ease the difficulty in the game (one of the official variants).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crow
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
Armor is also relevant in the Safe episode objectives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Dent
Canada
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tommy3Count wrote:
You can also optionally add it to Health to ease the difficulty in the game (one of the official variants).

Definitely a good idea. Two plays so far and we've been defeated both times rather brutally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.