Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all! Working on our new game we did up a sample of the card but we wanted to get folks opinions on it. Did up a quick poll as to if you like it or not, if not feel free to express why. We want to make sure it is easy to read and not super busy.

The game itself is a dice rolling game where you place dice on the boxes that match, sorta like Elder Sign or Mars Attacks.

Poll
Do you like the layout? Do you feel it is easy to read and understand?
Yes
No
      12 answers
Poll created by spyglassgames

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would make the highway sign a lot bigger (though difficult, because of the landscape orientation. I would also ditch the gradients and just have solid backgrounds, preferably extending all the way to the edges. That might help to reduce the busyness, though unfortunately there's just a lot going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Sirenko
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Assuming this is standard poker size card, the writing could use overall bigger fonts. The picture seems a bit busy which is a matter of art itself. Feels like everything holds equal value hue and saturation so I can't focus on one thing even though it seems that Elvis guy would be the focal point. I would crop in a bit and silhouette the paparazzi more and make most of them facing away from us. That way the focus would end up on the Elvis as well as allow the information around the picture stand out more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The card actually is 4.75 x 7 inches so decent size. Thanks for the advice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lose a turn.... Nooooooooooooo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
So let me ask this, does anyone feel that if the boxes were all a solid color not gradient and the white flare was removed from the boxes would that help out?

Also we are looking at having the artist create the icons as well to help match but that will be the last thing he does sadly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Sirenko
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
i think if you do that then you are risking making the boxes not stand out as much unless you make the boxes brighter color with thicker outlines (that way it will match the style of the art more but still stand out). I like the fact that it is clearly separated from the image. That being said i think the white glow around the boxes is unnecessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.