Subject: The Miniatures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean Winchester
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Having never played the 1st edition of the game, I am torn on whether it is worth getting the miniatures or not. $40 isn't cheap, but I don't want to decide later that I want them and have to pay more than twice as much. What are everyone's opinion? Thanks.

Poll
Are the Miniatures worth getting?
Yes
No
      63 answers
Poll created by bamjoe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I don't have them yet, I can't say if they are "worth" getting.
But I did get them.
Here's my logic for that.
- I was already spending 109 or whatever, what's another X bucks to get the 'complete' package; I lean toward being semi-completionist anyway
- They did look cool for the most part
- Given the limited inventory, if I wanted to sell the game, I thought the full bundle would be easier to sell.

I'm not a mini-hunter, I'm fine with good standees, but neither am I reflexively anti-mini.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
mbmbmb
Yeah "worth it" in this case is very subjective. The minis do not add anything functional to the game and if the components in Zeds 3rd ed. suggest anything the standees will be very good quality.

That said, $40 for for 30 miniatures (assuming decent quality) is a very good deal. They just previewed the necromancer model in a KS update today and it looks pretty good. (They noted that they will be making some minor changes and increasing the size.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wolski
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they're "worth" getting if for no other reason than if I end up hating the game it will be more attractive on the aftermarket.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would hope they are increasing the size that is nowhere near 33mm. Even for 28mm size that model looks a bit small.

This looks more like a final product rather than a master for mold production with all the detail loss so far compaired to the 3D render. If this is a master for a mold expect more detail loss in the final product.

I'm going to hold off on getting the models until I see the rest of them. Standee's for me for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Yee
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mrdabba wrote:
I would hope they are increasing the size that is nowhere near 33mm. Even for 28mm size that model looks a bit small.

This looks more like a final product rather than a master for mold production with all the detail loss so far compaired to the 3D render. If this is a master for a mold expect more detail loss in the final product.

I'm going to hold off on getting the models until I see the rest of them. Standee's for me for now.

They said:
Quote:
There are some minor tweaks that will be implemented to it and the model will be made slightly larger for the Necromancer, but the heroes will be next for production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Minis are always worth it! Besides, it's an insanely good deal for minis at that price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools

Where are they $40? Their pledge manager shows $80 for me.

https://victorypointgames.pledgemanager.com/projects/darkest...

bamjoe wrote:
Having never played the 1st edition of the game, I am torn on whether it is worth getting the miniatures or not. $40 isn't cheap, but I don't want to decide later that I want them and have to pay more than twice as much. What are everyone's opinion? Thanks.
]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Winchester
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BeatboxHero wrote:

Where are they $40? Their pledge manager shows $80 for me.

https://victorypointgames.pledgemanager.com/projects/darkest...

bamjoe wrote:
]

Did you back the game during the kickstarter? It is $40 for me because I backed the $109 level and I can bump up to $149 for the game plus minis level. Prices are higher for those that didn't back the Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
bamjoe wrote:

Did you back the game during the kickstarter? It is $40 for me because I backed the $109 level and I can bump up to $149 for the game plus minis level. Prices are higher for those that didn't back the Kickstarter.

No, I didn't back the game unfortunately... or fortunately, depending on how you look at it. Those prices make it a non-starter for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends...
The minis are not game essential, but they are great nonetheless.
For me the game itself without minis are way better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.