$35.00
Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

MIND: The Fall of Paradise» Forums » News

Subject: Join the war and get a chance to win a free Faction! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vladimir Teneslav
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I am organizing this contest that will run till the campaign starts on the 27th. You can join now, the sooner the better, and get a chance to win a free faction box. Just choose the side you want to join in and then share the facebook post.



You can join here: http://bit.ly/2cawLoW

Thanks and let's have some fun and ... war.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup

Would love to join but no Facebook account.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Teneslav
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hi Michael,

You raise an interesting point and I want to ask you something. Many times project creators try and spread the word on social media and I guess there are many people left out because of this. How would you like these kind of things to be handled?

Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, focusing on Facebook and this AWFUL four box model has me cutting this from my list. I won't go anywhere near this now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Teneslav
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hi,

I would really like to get your perspective on the model MIND is going with. What is the downside and the impact on you as a possible backer having the option to get 1-4 Factions.

Also, you must understand that as a creator you are limited to the tools you have to market your game with. I am using Facebook for the contest as it is the widest spread platform. Of course I am looking for suggestions to adapt to the people's needs, this is why I asked Michael.

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SaberRider wrote:
Hi Michael,

You raise an interesting point and I want to ask you something. Many times project creators try and spread the word on social media and I guess there are many people left out because of this. How would you like these kind of things to be handled?

Thanks!


Good morning Vladimir,

Honestly I think the best avenue for any game creator who wants to have the best exposure and greatest potential for success, is to simply flood Boardgamegeek with information on the game. Every potential customer you will ever have is right here on the Geek plugged in on at least a weekly basis.

Look towards the examples of designers who design huge successes such as Sandy Petersen, Jamie Stegmeier (sp?), and others. You should be posting at bare minimum weekly here on the Geek and to be fair honestly post daily. No one is going to find it spammy as long as you are discussing your upcoming project in said projects forums. Post designer diaries, design decisions, and game play mechanics that you think set your game apart. Then be ready to answer questions from users because the more users you get anticipating your games release the better. If you can go into day one of the campaign with at least 200 backers the word of mouth will create a success (look at Fantasmagoria with Battalia for a good example of turning things around with a 2nd Kickstarter campaign).

Head over to Reddit, www.reddit.com/r/boardgames and set up an AMA (ask me anything) and you will garner some positive feedback and interest that way too.

Also over on your games webpage look into fixing all of your 404 gateway errors, it can cause some people to hesitate a little about your project. You should also try to get the game back into people minds (pardon the pun) because it has been a long time and I hope I am not alone in saying I want to know what has changed in the past almost 2 years between the old campaign and the new Kickstarter you are going to launch.

Finally there should be some updated videos from independent videocasters showing game play of the game. Rahdo is fantastic for showing game play and I would contact him first. Also watch your timing carefully. There are some very high profile projects either just closed or closing soon that are draining pocket books. I wouldn't be surprised if numerous Kickstarter supports have invested $500 or more alone this month in games.

EDIT I forgot to mention you need to decide if you want to go for a Kickstarter sales model or a long term sales model. Exclusives guarantee a higher Kickstarter pledge amount but hurt long term sales as people become disgruntled about exclusives they can never receive. On the other hand not having exclusives minimizes incentive to back unless you offer a great potential price break since people can just wait for retail.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Teneslav
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Good evening Michael (having my late coffee right now) ,

Thanks for the constructive post, really didn't expect to receive such feedback! You must understand that I am not going into this without my homework done. After all the kickstarter is knocking on my door in a couple of weeks. I have reviews on going, have read everything Jamie Stegmeier put out and so on. However, when put in practice, things don't actually work as easy as they sound.

Quote:
Honestly I think the best avenue for any game creator who wants to have the best exposure and greatest potential for success, is to simply flood Boardgamegeek with information on the game. Every potential customer you will ever have is right here on the Geek plugged in on at least a weekly basis.


I am already posting on BGG on a weekly basis, however the contest is not well received here for example as it is against the rules. Regarding news/updates and game info I have threads in multiple categories, the game is in the relevant geek lists and so on. As the kickstarter is 10 days I am now focusing all my attention and free hours on the kickstarter page, cannot really create custom content, text, blogs for BGG. Physically impossible for me. I am answering everyone and really like to talk about the game, but the problem is getting the discussion started.

Quote:

Head over to Reddit, www.reddit.com/r/boardgames and set up an AMA (ask me anything) and you will garner some positive feedback and interest that way too.


I also post threads about MIND on reddit weekly, an AMA I don't find suitable at this moment, as the kickstarter shows if I deserve an AMA. Just because I designed a game means nothing after all. Did I design something people want? Reddit is also pretty hostile to be honest, but it is a must.

Quote:
Also over on your games webpage look into fixing all of your 404 gateway errors, it can cause some people to hesitate a little about your project.


The website will be fixed when the campaign launches. For now it is still in development.

Quote:
You should also try to get the game back into people minds (pardon the pun) because it has been a long time and I hope I am not alone in saying I want to know what has changed in the past almost 2 years between the old campaign and the new Kickstarter you are going to launch.


I have kept in touch with my former backers as I am posting updates and comments on the old kickstarter page. Also, all veteran backers will receive a small attention during the kickstarter.

Quote:

Finally there should be some updated videos from independent videocasters showing game play of the game. Rahdo is fantastic for showing game play and I would contact him first.


As I've said, reviews are happening as we speak. Rhado turned me down twice because the game is confrontational. Really wanted to have him on board, even told him that he can play coop or solo. He is pretty busy as is, though.

Quote:
Also watch your timing carefully. There are some very high profile projects either just closed or closing soon that are draining pocket books. I wouldn't be surprised if numerous Kickstarter supports have invested $500 or more alone this month in games.


I was worried about this and even consulted with Jamie and he said it doesn't matter since competition is in all months. Also, the campaign will cover 3 months, as it will run from 27th September till 2 November. Plenty of time to back if the campaign is interesting. I do fear the competition though. I am looking at all these successful kickstarter this month and none are from indie creators. Big teams with brand, second editions, expansions and so on.

Quote:
EDIT I forgot to mention you need to decide if you want to go for a Kickstarter sales model or a long term sales model. Exclusives guarantee a higher Kickstarter pledge amount but hurt long term sales as people become disgruntled about exclusives they can never receive. On the other hand not having exclusives minimizes incentive to back unless you offer a great potential price break since people can just wait for retail.


I will have no early birds and only a few exclusives.

Thanks a lot for taking your time. As I've said, if most of your post hit me as new information that would be really worrisome for the project since there is no time to fix unplanned steps. In my personal situation is all about getting through to people. I am quite confident that people like my game if they get to listen/read and understand what's going on. But getting to people is a whole business in its own.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good evening Vladimir,

Great to hear I look forward to the videos and game play information! Good luck with the campaign.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.