Subject: What else to purchase? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Avon
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am finally looking to finish up my Brimstone collection. I own everything that was available at Gen Con 2015 but haven't purchased anything since. Can anyone help me put together a list of stuff that has come out since? So far, I know:

Enemy Packs
Custodians of Targe
Hydra
Scafford Gang

Supplements
Edge of the Abyss

Big Box
Frontier Town
Trederra

Hero
Prospector
Orphan

I know some other stuff WAS available at one point, but I can't seem to find anything about it or info on when I may be able to purchase it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I'm new to this game, but I believe the canonical answer is "Frontier Town".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Caine
msg tools
You don't need to work to put together a list. All you need to do is check Flying Frog's webstore. Everything that you can buy is there, so you can mark off everything that you own verses the things that you can currently buy.

But if you want to know priority purchases, yeah, I'd say Frontier Town and Trederra. Both are well worth it.

EDIT: There are possibly grossly overpriced items from this Gen Con and previous Gen Cons on Ebay. But Ebay is a mug's game as it exploits the scarcity of certain FF goods in the present which will come out for retail anyway either this year or the next. (I'd imagine the final two expansions will be staggered out say April/August, like this year).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedmutant
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robwrigley wrote:
I'm new to this game, but I believe the canonical answer is "Frontier Town".

thumbsup

Seconded. People often ask 'where is the decision making in SoB?' It's in FT. The core games are all just in-the-moment tactical decisions, but FT stuff really lets you explore and define how you want to play and build your character. Plus the town game board is a pleasant alternative to mine crawling.

Be warned though, it adds a ton of more charts and dice rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friedmutant wrote:

Be warned though, it adds a ton of more charts and dice rolls.

Good warning! Though, I think someone who wants more Shadows of Brimstone already has to like charts and dice rolling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Mauri
Switzerland
Gentilino
Ticino
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would definitely recommend Frontier Town it makes the visits between missions much longer but also more enjoyable and Trederra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.