Tier auf Tier: Jetzt geht's rund!» Forums » General

Subject: Spherical Disk Problem? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Taylor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently purchased a copy of this game. What a clever idea for a stacking game. And the wooden animals are gorgeous! When played with my flat wooden disk, the rotating top disk spins normally. However, if I switch to the spherical disk (which makes the game more challenging), instead of "seesawing" like the rulebook says will happen, the rotating disk just leans heavily to one side and touches the game board rather than becoming wobbly.

Is my spherical disk too small? If it was larger, then the rotating disk would sit on top of it rather than tilt drastically to one side. A bigger disk would make the rotating disk more wobbly.

I tried to contact HABA in the U.S. but they did not respond to my email. I find this odd because game companies are usually quick to respond to concerns. I have over 2100 items in my collection and have always had great customer service.

Maybe I'm being too picky, but it would be nice to officially know whether my spherical disk is supposed to lean or indeed be more like a teeter-totter. Incidentally, the French translation of the rules seems to also indicate that the spherical disk should wobble as opposed to just lean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ellis
Canada
Vernon
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Gaming is a lifestyle choice.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the same problem. I Don't think it was well realized.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.