Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New player here, reading the rules for the first time. I have found something that has me baffled.

Rule 4.6 on page 9 states that a player may never own more than one Strategy Card right after explaining that there is normally a limit of 5 unless you own the Reserve card to raise the limit to 7.

I am hoping this means that player's may not own more than one Strategy Card of the same name. If I am right, then I found a typo. If I am wrong, I am afraid I need help with this rule. I expect I am missing something obvious because I found nothing about this in the forum or QnA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Freeman
Canada
Vancouver
B.C
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game yet so I'm going on what I've seen from a couple of reviews and from what I've played of a few acres of snow, but I believe the strategy cards are a separate deck of cards that can be drafted for an action that alter the rules of the game for you. They are purple backed? I believe.

So you draft a certain strategy card: gain it's effects. Later, if you decide you want a different strategy card, you have to use an action to remove your current strategy card, and yet another action to draft a different strategy card since you can only have one at a time.

I think the 5 card limit is for the reserve which is a different area on the board. There is however a strategy card that allows you to expand the reserve limit to 7 cards instead of 5.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob is correct. 4.6 says "a player may normally only put 5 cards in Reserve". That's referring to the limit on the number of cards from your own draw deck that you can put into your Reserve area.

You can never own more than 1 Strategy card at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all.

I just managed to figure it out for myself when I read 5.5.1. I got Strategy Cards and the Reserve area confused. My mistake.blush

You can only have 1 Strategy card and Strategy Cards never go to the Reserve. You have to play the Strategy Card you have OR discard it before you can purchase another.

Whew!whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.