Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Masouras
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the avatars they have in Legendary Encounters. This is my first draft of Avatars for the base set of Heroes in Marvel Legendary. I am looking for feedback. So please tell me what you think.

Avatars - Marvel Legendary Base Game

Black Widow - Avatar (Name)
5 (Defense), 9 (Health)
(Role Character Card)
Wipe out red from my ledger - Black Widow (Name)- Covert, Tech (Class and /or Team Icon)
Draw a card. Rescue a Bystander. (Special Ability)

Captain America - Avatar
4, 11
Shield Throw - Captain America - Ranged, Avengers
Draw a card. Once per turn, if a player would gain a Wound, you may reveal this card instead.

Cyclops - Avatar
5, 10
Leader - Cyclops - Ranged, X-Men
Draw a card. If a you discard this card, you may return it card to you hand.

Deadpool - Avatar
5, 10
Common Sense; So rare it’s a super power - Deadpool - Instinct
Draw a card. Each player passes a wound or a hero with an odd numbered R, to the player to their left.

Emma Frost - Avatar
5, 9
Headmistress - Emma Frost - Covert, X-Men
Draw a card. Once this turn, reveals the top card of your deck. Choose to KO it or put it back on top of your deck.

Gambit - Avatar
5, 10
Ragin Cajun - Gambit - Instinct, X-Men
Draw a card. Once this turn, reveal the top card of your deck, put it on the bottom or back on top.

Hawkeye - Avatar
5, 9
I see better from a distance - Hawkeye - Tech, Avengers
Draw a card. This turn, you may spend R as if it were A.

Hulk - Avatar
5, 13
I’m always angry - Hulk - Strength
A3
Draw a card. You get +1A for each Master Strike revealed.

Iron Man - Avatar
5, 10
Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist - Iron Man - Strength, Instinct, Tech, Covert, Ranged
Draw a card. Tech: Draw another card.

Nick Fury - Avatar
5, 9
I still believe in Heroes - Nick Fury - Tech, S.H.I.E.L.D.
Draw a card. You may OK a S.H.I.E.L.D. Hero from your hand or discard pile, if you do draw a card.

Rogue - Avatar
5, 10
Borrowed Ability - Rogue - Covert, Strength
Draw a card. Look at an other player’s hand, make a copy on one of their cards.

Spider-Man - Avatar
4, 11
Friendly Neighborhood - Spider-Man - Covert,
Reveal the a card from the top of your deck or each Villain in the Cityscape, Bridge, or Streets. Put any that cost 2R or less in your hand, discard the rest.

Storm - Avatar
5, 9
Wind-Rider - Storm - Ranged
Draw a card. You may swap Villeins between the Bridge and the Rooftops.

Thor - Avatar
4, 11
2R
God of Thunder - Thor - Ranged, Strength
Draw a card. You may use R as A this turn.

Wolverine - Avatar
4, 11
A0+
The Bast at what I do - Wolverine - Instinct
Draw a card. KO a wound from your hand. If you do, +1A

Here are some sample cards.

More to follow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
I love the idea of Avatar cards that are heroes!
Is this for Encounters or regular Legendary? As they have different "Wounds" (Wounds vs Strikes) I'm not sure Legendary needs avatars. Unless you also change how wounds work or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Masouras
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did intend it for Marvel Legendary but it could be used for Encounters. I am looking at using Strike in place of Wounds. I will create these as cards (and post them) and then play test them with Marvel Legendary rules using Strike and see what happens. Then change the way Wounds/Strikes are handled based on what I find with play testing. Keep an eye out for my updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dynamo
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's Black Widow for Encounters using the template I use (It's not perfect, but it's something) if you're interested:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
me no understanddy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oh wow that Black Widow is awesome. Love it!! Great job!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Masouras
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are great! I like your selections of images.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had thought about doing something like this. But only using general character types rather than specific heroes.

Types would be like the Archtypes...general categories that would give a minimal boost or use. Easiest conversion from the Aliens / Predator game to the Marvel one.

Example : TANK
Lots of hits and high armor. 6 armor, 14 life?
Character card - Reveal if another player would take a strike, You take that strike into your hand, and may draw a card.

Top of my head Archtypes...
Leader
Brawler
Tank
Blaster
Controller
Spy
Defender
Brain/Scientist

Something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Masouras
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YBDynamo wrote:
Here's Black Widow for Encounters using the template I use (It's not perfect, but it's something) if you're interested:

As I said: "Those are great! I like your selections of images." If you have the others created please post them, I would love to see them. I will be finishing my others and posting them. Would like your feedback on them.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Masouras
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cad37 wrote:
me no understanddy

In Legendary Encounters (Alien, Predator, & Firefly) the sister game to Marvel Legendary, each player has an Avatar character and Role. This is an attempt to create version of those for Marvel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Masouras
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RangerRob24 wrote:
I had thought about doing something like this. But only using general character types rather than specific heroes.

Types would be like the Archtypes...general categories that would give a minimal boost or use. Easiest conversion from the Aliens / Predator game to the Marvel one.

Example : TANK
Lots of hits and high armor. 6 armor, 14 life?
Character card - Reveal if another player would take a strike, You take that strike into your hand, and may draw a card.

Top of my head Archtypes...
Leader
Brawler
Tank
Blaster
Controller
Spy
Defender
Brain/Scientist

Something like that.

That is a cool idea, and can work. I like the idea of being the avatar of the actual hero, like Captain America or Cyclops.

What are your ideas for the other archetypes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dynamo
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Masouras wrote:
If you have the others created please post them, I would love to see them. I will be finishing my others and posting them. Would like your feedback on them.

Thanks!

Here's two flavors of Cap, the Steve Rogers ones are specifically for Encounters, using it's terms and class definitions, if you want me to I'll re-up them using Legendary proper terms and class definitions, and for those wondering about it, the reason I used "Covert" for the role card instead of "Ranged" is because in Encounters "Covert" = "Survival" and "Survival" cards tend to relate to healing and preventing Strikes (Encounters equivalent of Wounds).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Masouras
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YBDynamo wrote:
Masouras wrote:
If you have the others created please post them, I would love to see them. I will be finishing my others and posting them. Would like your feedback on them.

Thanks!

Here's two flavors of Cap, the Steve Rogers ones are specifically for Encounters, using it's terms and class definitions, if you want me to I'll re-up them using Legendary proper terms and class definitions, and for those wondering about it, the reason I used "Covert" for the role card instead of "Ranged" is because in Encounters "Covert" = "Survival" and "Survival" cards tend to relate to healing and preventing Strikes (Encounters equivalent of Wounds).

Nice work on the cards! Your selection of images make it. That is what I have the hardest time with is finding good images. If you can do them in both flavors that would be great.

I see what you mean with use of Covert, and I like it. Do you know if that holds true for Marvel as well. The only other Wound ability in the Marvel base set is Wolverines "KO a Wound....If you do, draw a card." (I have all the Encounter games but just got the Base Marvel set. Will be getting the rest eventually.) Any other insight you have on synergies between "Color" and abilities would be appreciated.

When I made the role cards I tried to play off of the four base hero cards. With Cap I used ranged because he had cards with the other four "colors." This helps with his "get +1A/+1R for each color hero you have." The Avengers affiliation was to play off the "get +3A for each other Avenger hero you played this turn." The preventing of Wounds/Strikes to others was to play off his ability to "gain a wound, reveal this card and draw a card instead." He prevents Wounds/Strikes to himself and others now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D C
Canada
flag msg tools
Wow! Just gorgeous! If you have more that you are willing to share, please keep them coming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dynamo
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a couple more:

First, two flavors of Cyclops, the Age of Apocalypse one I think suits the atmosphere of Encounters better than the standard one. Also the Role card effect is an almost complete copy of one of Ruby Summers' cards from the Secret Wars boxes (she was designed to work with base game Cyclops) and for those who don't know:
Quote:
Teleport: Instead of playing, you may set aside a card with the keyword "Teleport". If you do, add it to your new hand at the end of your turn as as an extra card.

Second, Deadpool, I changed the name of the Role card because I thought the new name went better with the pic I used on it

Finally, Emma Frost, the reason I uploaded so many versions of her Role card is because the name of it fits better with Encounters Blue cards (Leadership), but the actual effect fits more with their Orange cards (Intel). And the second flavor of her I feels fits more with Encounters overall (I stole the Role effect of Recon Scout)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Masouras
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YBDynamo wrote:
Here's a couple more:

First, two flavors of Cyclops, the Age of Apocalypse one I think suits the atmosphere of Encounters better than the standard one. Also the Role card effect is an almost complete copy of one of Ruby Summers' cards from the Secret Wars boxes (she was designed to work with base game Cyclops) and for those who don't know:
Quote:
Teleport: Instead of playing, you may set aside a card with the keyword "Teleport". If you do, add it to your new hand at the end of your turn as as an extra card.

Second, Deadpool, I changed the name of the Role card because I thought the new name went better with the pic I used on it

Finally, Emma Frost, the reason I uploaded so many versions of her Role card is because the name of it fits better with Encounters Blue cards (Leadership), but the actual effect fits more with their Orange cards (Intel). And the second flavor of her I feels fits more with Encounters overall (I stole the Role effect of Recon Scout)

Great work, again!
Deadpool: I like Half?-Crazed and the pic choice. I do not know if his ability is any good, but I did not know what to do with Deadpool any way.

Emma Frost: I see what you mean. The ability is more Instinct, but the Covert would synergies better with the rest of her cards. Her name was more of a place holder. I was not sure what to call the role card, and that was the best I could do. The room scan is a good choice for Encounters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dynamo
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Last batch of Avatars is finished:

2 flavors of Hawkeye:

Multiple flavors of Iron Man/Tony Stark, the Avatar alts I did because I see Tony as having high Armor, but low Health to simulate his Iron Man suits

Nick Fury also comes in two flavors, 616 (Main Marvel) and 1610 (Ultimate Marvel/Main Marvel Nick Fury Jr.):

2 different flavors of Rogue Avatar:

Multiple flavors of Spider-Man Avatar:

BTW, my choice of Avatar would be either Iron Spider or Future Foundation

And since you didn't actually specify Peter Parker:

And, since I wasn't sure what Encounters class the Role Card would fit into, so as a bonus, here's a Wolverine Avatar for Firefly:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Masouras
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NICE!! I do like the future foundation Spidy the best, and Miles Morales is a good one.

I think that Storm's ability may be a little weak in comparison to the others. I think she should also have " If you fight a villain on the Rooftops this turn, get +1A, if you fight one on the Bridge, get +2A." Wolverines may need to be bumped up as well. Give him a +1A not the +0A. Hulk also get +1 not +3. What do you think?

By the way the Firefly Wolverine is very cool.

Joe, Thank you for all of your work on these, they look very good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dynamo
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

And for Storm, which would it be, bonus Attack against those spaces or bonus Attack for defeating those Villains?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database.

Game Modifications tab...right near the top.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Masouras
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Storm should have a bonus Attack against those spaces. Also in play testing the Role cards should have a 0R in the bottom right corner. I do not think this needs to be added now just a note for future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dynamo
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a Storm coming

and some Encounters inclined Hulk:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Masouras
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing my Legendary games with the Avatars and Roles. They seem to be working well. They do give you a boost in the early game. Nothing too drastic, and I believe they are over all balanced. Have others played with them yet and have any input?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dynamo
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just came up with this Firefly-oriented Tony Stark Avatar, figured I'd just post it here since it was started through this, not sure how effective/good it is, just wanted to get it up and out there before I forgot the effect that came to mind:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is there a thread for the un-initiated as to what Avatars are and how they would work with our game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.