Subject: Hired Companions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lance Ford
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So, I don't have the book with me atm, but I'm pretty sure it says that both Ansel or Jakobe can be hired to be a 5th party member. (not sure if it is limited to specific chapters or not... although I know only Ansel or Jakobe can be used in ch 2B, not both)

My question is this: Have any of you hired a 5th party member at any time, and if so, which chapter, and do you think it made a difference?

I've played probably about half way through DT with my daughter, and haven't had any troubles... but then, I make adjustments to things on the fly since she is only 8, and we play it more for the story/adventure.

But recently, my game group played chapter 1, and managed a total party wipe on only the second or third tile. ( *shakes fist at froglodytes* ) Obviously, the game group doesn't pull any punches, so I'm now wondering if at some point we will want to resort to the hired companion to make it through a chapter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a while since I played, but as I recall we didn't use allies that much.

I can tell you that I never felt it added that much having a 5th character that only uses base stats. A nice idea, sure, but a bit of a hassle for IMHO little gain. I don't think it ever made the difference between winning or losing a chapter.

Having said that, we hardly use the pets either so maybe it just doesn't fit our strategies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.