Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say I have an athlete with resilience in a chop test. My opponent rolls enough knives to beat mine and my toughness and I am about to sustain 2 injuries and go to the slaughterbox.

The ability says I could sacrifice 2 cards to thus nullify those injuries.

So what exactly happens at that point?
Is the injury downgraded to just a knock down, so the other player only gets one point?

Or do they still get credit for injuring my athlete and the figure just goes to the slaughterbox with no injury tokens and they get to come back into the pit under normal re-entry rules?

I assume it is the first way, the ability nullifies the entire injury thus depriving the enemy of the points.

Any clarification is appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dalke
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
I don't know the official answer on this one, but we've played it as though the injury did not happen - no extra points for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
synncere wrote:
I don't know the official answer on this one, but we've played it as though the injury did not happen - no extra points for it.

Makes sense to me. But an official ruling is always good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ogmund prime
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 33 of the Exhibition & League Rulebook covers a great example under Resilient. A Fury butcher with Savagery and a Gruesomes butcher with Resilient may sacrifice cards back and forth to increase or decrease the injury tokens (aka: adding or subtracting knives)

If the attacker does not have enough knives to beat the defenders toughness there is no injury, so no slaughterbox and no points for a "prevented" injury but since a knockdown still occurs the attacker still scores at least one point (unless the defender is a razor of course).

If the defender still had to go to the slaughterbox than purchasing Resilient for 100,000 would be a major ripoff! One of the counters for the slow movement of the Gruesomes is that you will probably still have the majority of your athletes in the pit at the end of the game. They truly shine in League play since they won't have to worry about lasting injuries like other teams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Kjerland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Official ruling: If Resilient is used to cancel all the injury tokens, the athlete is not injured. But he is still knocked down.

Thanks, Ogmund, for answering while I was at the Rose City Comic Con!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.