$30.00
$20.00
$15.00
Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Slaughterball» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do special actions count as one of your athletes 2 actions per activation? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My apologies that this was covered in an earlier thread, but I found the answers and comments a little muddy and I was not completely understanding.

I am specifically talking about the abilities like: Divert, Pit Advice, Direct. Etc.
Any ability that says "take a special action to _____".

Is this a bonus action in addition to the 2 actions you get for that athlete when assigned an onslaught token?
So allowing effectively 3 actions? Move+ Pass + (special action)?

Or is it in place of one?
So I could Move and Divert, OR chop and activate Pit Advice?

I just want to be 100% clear how it works.
I am looking right at page 30 and it says each special action can be done once per onslaught. So I am thinking this could be interpreted as a bonus action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dalke
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
A special action is one of the two actions an athlete can take during their activation.

The list of actions are:

Move
Chop
Throw
Spike
Special

You can do two of them. You cannot do the same action twice (although you could do two different Special actions I believe).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

I figured, but in the scrimmage book it does not list "special" among the options. And rightfully so.

I think to be more clear, if the exhibition rulebook added a note to say "special is now an option among the other actions" it would help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ogmund prime
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 30 of the Exhibition & League Rulebook covers special actions. As stated, a special action is different from the standard actions but still counts as one of the two actions per onslaught token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ogmundprime wrote:
Page 30 of the Exhibition & League Rulebook covers special actions. As stated, a special action is different from the standard actions but still counts as one of the two actions per onslaught token.

True, but it doesn't blatantly spell it out that way.
It doesn't actually read "they still count as one of the 2 actions."
Hence the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Kjerland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
A special action can be used as one of the two actions provided by an Onslaught token. I will state this explicitly in the Errata on www.slaughterball.net. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Erik!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.