Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Kuster
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/274643038/siege-of-the-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
that's...expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah looks great and I'm sure I would enjoy it, but more than I'm willing to spend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin N
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't think so. $69? I mean, I'm not backing it, as I still have my custom-built Cadwallon conversion and this looks like it offers almost nothing new, but the price is very in-line with other games of its ilk. And I like that it *seems* like $149 is the most you'd pay, after other dungeon-crawly projects that get to upwards of $500 to go 'all-in'. We'll see how that shakes out over the campaign, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Malo
United States
Lake Park
Florida
flag msg tools
Any dream can take over the world.
badge
The only thing more evil than Cthulhu . . . . Kickstarter Addiction!
mbmbmbmbmb
quixotic wrote:
And I like that it *seems* like $149 is the most you'd pay, after other dungeon-crawly projects that get to upwards of $500 to go 'all-in'.

It looks like you'd have $149 bill for the game and shipping to the US for that pledge would run you another $37.

I LOVED this game back in the day and really wish I still had my copy, but with so many games recently, I'm not sure I can make a move on this one at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin N
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fair enough, I didn't factor in shipping.

My biggest wish would be if I could *just* get the additional mini-campaigns by Wilson, Lang, etc. I'd like to add them to my own conversion. I'm sure I'll see a copy of the KS edition somewhere, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Williams
msg tools
I looked through comments and stuff but never actually saw, do these guys actually have the license to do this? I don't want this to turn into another HeroQuest 25th Anniversary thing. I LOVED this game (and still have my copy, and still play it occasionally), but if this is going to lead to broken hearts and broken promises I want to know now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Booker Hooker
United States
Kingsport
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooper1977 wrote:
I looked through comments and stuff but never actually saw, do these guys actually have the license to do this? I don't want this to turn into another HeroQuest 25th Anniversary thing. I LOVED this game (and still have my copy, and still play it occasionally), but if this is going to lead to broken hearts and broken promises I want to know now.

Pretty sure it's legit. I'm not one of their customers but it appears that they've been publishing games in the Mutant Chronicles setting for several months now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scratches wrote:
Cooper1977 wrote:

Pretty sure it's legit. I'm not one of their customers but it appears that they've been publishing games in the Mutant Chronicles setting for several months now.

Plus I really would hope that many well known and experienced board game designers wouldn't put their name on a project that wasn't legit. These guys know their stuff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matti Jr
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Paradox owned the IP until Cabinet Entertainment acquired it, and Paradox owned the rights to Mutant Chronicles. Modiphius and Cabinet are both listed as the creators, so there won't be any broken hearts.

I'm backing the project. At the $149 Dark Legion pledge, you get all the revealed stretch goals, even the ones not reached by the end of the campaign. It feels high, but the DL pledges are guaranteed to get the Brotherhood expansion and citadel walls now. The delivery date is October 2017. Modiphius has run and delivered on successful Kickstarter campaigns in the past. I'm hoping the extra figurine stretch goals are hit, but we shall see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just a side note. - The brother hood "expansion" wasn't all that. It was published in a magazine and was one tile and a few cards. I have a scan of it I think.

200.00 (with shipping) seems like a TON for this. Plus it's over a year away.

Someone let me know how it turns out for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Salonen
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RockstarSuperVillain wrote:
Just a side note. - The brother hood "expansion" wasn't all that. It was published in a magazine and was one tile and a few cards. I have a scan of it I think.

200.00 (with shipping) seems like a TON for this. Plus it's over a year away.

Someone let me know how it turns out for them.

I don't know if I understood you correctly. But in this second edition the Brotherhood expansion really seems like a real (not that big but anyway) expansion, with the Brotherhood faction with accompanying minis , some evil new minis, a few tiles etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was speaking of the original one. It was one tile, some cards, and cut out card board "minis"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zacharias Tienhaara
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mb
Was kinda excited for it when I read about it. Now that you can see a lot of the artwork I'm not at all that excited anymore. Everything is so ugly. Guess I'll have to stick to my old version of the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
"First published in Target Games magazine, now upgraded by the grace of the Cardinal, this unlocks the Brotherhood faction for players, new Dark Legion creatures, the power of the Arts & Dark Gifts plus new ruined Brotherhood Cathedral tiles to fight over! "

Sounds like the same one to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matti Jr
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
The designers haven't revealed the final contents yet. They'll probably wait until that stretch goal is reached and the project only needs $16,000 more to hit it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Dupuis
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually quite different. There was never Cathedral tiles in the previous "expansion" if you can call an expansion a publication in a an obscure Sweeden gaming magazine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
It did have a tile

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
It's one of the greatest AT games ever made.
Backing this is a no-brainer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
It's one of the greatest AT games ever made.
Backing this is a no-brainer.

no thanks. I'll let you guys get it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an open copy of this and a sealed copy I nabbed on clearance for KayBee Toy stores.

Yup. Way back in the day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matti Jr
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Here's a link for what the contents of the Brotherhood expansion look like.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/274643038/siege-of-the-...

The Brotherhood faction is added to the game including a 6th player board (and rules to expand the game to 6 players) with Nikodemus & Crenshaw as your heroes.
2 x coloured bases and matching begs for the Player Board
Set of Character Cards, Brotherhood Faction Power and Rank Cards
1 x Nepharite Valpurgius to lead the Dark Legion forces
1 x Praetorian Behemoth to smash the heroes!
1 x Harbinger of the Void to deliver punishing attacks at range
2 x Brass Apocalypts
2 x Curators who will assist in the corruption of the heroes!
4 x Callistonian Intruders
6 x Algeroth Malignants
To this we're adding another 2 sheets of counters including new traps, portals and defences for the Cathedral and assorted markers
4 x Double-sided Tiles (that's 8 locations - with more to be unlocked)
Extra Cards for the existing decks - Equipment, Secondary Missions, Force Cards, Event Card, Doomtrooper Card (how many TBC).
New card decks to be revealed (based on requirements for the various new rules - to be revealed soon)
1 x Rulebook introducing new rules for the Dark Symmetry, the power of the Brotherhood Arts and the Legion's Dark Gifts, adding a 6th player and more.
1 x Mission Book giving you another 10 part campaign following the events around an embattled Brotherhood Cathedral which is overrun during a counter-attack and must then be retaken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drake
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cooper1977 wrote:

Modiphius isn't an upstart company with mysterious licensing skills. They've been publishing licensed stuff for a while, including Conan, Thunderbirds, Star Trek, and yes, Mutant Chronicles. This isn't a thing where you have to wonder if you're going to lose your money. You only have to wonder how long it will take to get your game (hint: probably longer than they say) and how much you will love it when you get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gotrek987 wrote:
quixotic wrote:
And I like that it *seems* like $149 is the most you'd pay, after other dungeon-crawly projects that get to upwards of $500 to go 'all-in'.

It looks like you'd have $149 bill for the game and shipping to the US for that pledge would run you another $37.

I LOVED this game back in the day and really wish I still had my copy, but with so many games recently, I'm not sure I can make a move on this one at the moment.

USA Shipping is $28 for the Dark Legion pledge and $17 for the DoomTrooper pledge.

So, $177 and $86. The DoomTrooper pledge has 53 minis at this time (plus board tiles, the plastic stairwell and a bunch of other stuff). The Dark Legion pledge has 94 minis (it looks like; they don't seem to have updated the graphic with the achieved stretch goals) plus the tiles, plastic stairwell, walls, doors, player trays and a bunch of other stuff).

With many miniatures boardgame kickstarters wanting $100+shipping for the basic pledge, this isn't too bad. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep my pledge, however, as I already have the original game plus Fury of the Clansmen and Blood Berets, and the next kickstarter for Shadows of Brimstone is on the horizon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.