Rob Hurman
Australia
Oxley
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
updated again
This started out as a group pledge I was managing but I've since realised
I am better off going solo on this one.However, it may still be beneficial for others to be part of a group or at least pair up.

Others potentially interested in participating in a group pledge are:

Base
1.Michael

Expansion
1. Dave
2. Michael
3. Simon
4. Cameron
5. Murray
6. Tim
7. Kon
8.Paul

I have sought information about shipping rates for pledges above 10. Gamelyn has indicated that each additional box will add roughly 1/10th of the shipping cost for 10 boxes - so about $9 per extra box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Rob.

Happy to be a part of this and, of course, please note my pledge is 'deluxe'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Alexander
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
beef
badge
sack
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy to go just for the expansion instead of base+expansion, it might nudge us closer to a 10 pack.

I've got the retail base, and apparently I can get the missing parts to make it deluxe through the geek store.

Edit: http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/tiny-epic-galaxies-sa..., only $3 shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hurman
Australia
Oxley
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beefsack wrote:
I'm happy to go just for the expansion instead of base+expansion, it might nudge us closer to a 10 pack.

I've got the retail base, and apparently I can get the missing parts to make it deluxe through the geek store.

Edit: http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/tiny-epic-galaxies-sa..., only $3 shipping.

Up to you Michael but I don't think it will impact our ability to get 10 pack of expansions either way. I think that there might be other things in the base deluxe package but I doubt it would be worth paying an extra $30+ USD for.

Thanks Murray for reminding me - I'm assuming everyone wants deluxe unless stated otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Deluxe expansion for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
There is no try...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, deluxe for me =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hurman
Australia
Oxley
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just pushed it to $200,000. I may have timed my pledge update deliberately to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deluxe expansion for me, thanks.

Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

also backed this, so it might be a good idea to see if he wants to go in a group pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Alexander
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
beef
badge
sack
mbmbmbmbmb
Spectator77 wrote:
I think that there might be other things in the base deluxe package but I doubt it would be worth paying an extra $30+ USD for.

Have been doing some digging and just confirmed the deluxe content of the base game is just the "Satellites & Super Weapons Mini Expansion", the rest of the stuff is the same.

Not sure if you already have the base game but I'd consider just upgrading via the BGG store if you do, $11USD including shipping vs $30+USD like you mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Ses
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As previously noted, I'm in for the deluxe expansion.

Also, I'm happy to take over responsibility for the deluxe expansion 10 pack pledge, Rob, if you do decide you want to split them up.

beefsack wrote:
Spectator77 wrote:
I think that there might be other things in the base deluxe package but I doubt it would be worth paying an extra $30+ USD for.

Have been doing some digging and just confirmed the deluxe content of the base game is just the "Satellites & Super Weapons Mini Expansion", the rest of the stuff is the same.

Not sure if you already have the base game but I'd consider just upgrading via the BGG store if you do, $11USD including shipping vs $30+USD like you mentioned.

Another small consideration is that the base game available through this kickstarter has some minor changes from the original, as described in the FAQ section of the campaign page:

"the changes are minor and do not constitute it being sold as a second edition. The tweaks include spot UV on the box, adding a "once per turn" restriction to planets Nagato and Zavodnick, the yellow player bits have black screen printing now, and planet cards display the planet's influence type at the bottom of the card."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Alexander
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
beef
badge
sack
mbmbmbmbmb
SimonSes wrote:
Another small consideration is that the base game available through this kickstarter has some minor changes from the original, as described in the FAQ section of the campaign page:

"the changes are minor and do not constitute it being sold as a second edition. The tweaks include spot UV on the box, adding a "once per turn" restriction to planets Nagato and Zavodnick, the yellow player bits have black screen printing now, and planet cards display the planet's influence type at the bottom of the card."

Ugh, now you've done it! Sorry Rob, do you mind bumping me back up to deluxe base+expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hurman
Australia
Oxley
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beefsack wrote:

Ugh, now you've done it! Sorry Rob, do you mind bumping me back up to deluxe base+expansion?

No problem - as it currently stands your addition makes my game cheaper

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hurman
Australia
Oxley
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
Deluxe expansion for me, thanks.

Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

also backed this, so it might be a good idea to see if he wants to go in a group pledge.

Thanks - I've just sent him a GM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure deluxe expansion me I'll cancel my pledge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hurman
Australia
Oxley
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SimonSes wrote:
Also, I'm happy to take over responsibility for the deluxe expansion 10 pack pledge, Rob, if you do decide you want to split them up.

I was thinking about this based on discussion in the Unfair thread.

Let's give it a bit more time to see how the numbers work out but at current numbers it doesn't make much sense for me to manage a large pledge. As I'm after base and expansion I don't save much by being part of a group pledge (the biggest saving is going from 1 box to 2) and I often have trouble getting to GLOG to hand things over.

I'll leave mine in for now in hopes of getting us to 10 expansions and everyone getting a bit more of a discount but if it doesn't look like we'll make 10 I might withdraw from the group pledge if you or someone else is happy to take over. Happy to add a straggler or 2 of course but don't want to worry about getting games to 10 people for the sake of saving a couple of bucks each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hurman
Australia
Oxley
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok everyone,as i mentioned above, I realised that the effort greatly exceeds reward for this group buy for me.

I'm going to pull out of managing a group pledge and (if I continue to back following some other purchases) get my two boxes delivered directly.

I'll update the main post so that it makes more sense but is still useful if someone else wants to manage a group buy or people want to pair up.

Apologies for messing people around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Ses
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Righto then. I'll make a pledge for 10 pack of Deluxe expansions. I'll work on the assumption that the list below reflects who wants what. Please let me know if it's not an accurate reflection of what you want to do. I'll report back later on how much it's going to cost each of us.

Base Game (Deluxe)
1.Michael

Expansion (Deluxe)
1. Dave
2. Michael
3. Simon
4. Cameron
5. Murray
6. Tim
7. Kon
8. Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good to me. Thanks, Simon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Alexander
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
beef
badge
sack
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for picking it up Simon and thanks for doing the initial organising Rob. Correct for me (base deluxe + expansion deluxe.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bethany Spratt
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I am interested if it is not too late..
I am after the original and expansion if possible, but I understand if you already have enough or it's too late. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Ses
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bethster1 wrote:
I am after the original and expansion if possible, but I understand if you already have enough or it's too late. Thanks

It's not too late - but are you located in the ACT?

I can deliver to Civic during working hours, including the Wednesday lunchtime games meet-up. I could probably ask someone there to deliver to GLOG and I'm happy to make personal deliveries in the Belconnen area. I'm sure we can make other delivery arrangements for other parts of the ACT.

In terms of working out costs - The offered pledge levels are quite limited but all give access to the pledge manager afterwards. I have made a basic $36 (=24+12) single expansion pledge and when the pledge manager becomes available after the campaign ends, we'll be able to work out exact costs including postage for the things we want to buy.

I'm hoping we can get the price down to US$30 per game, but we might need a couple more takers for that and it also depends on how they treat a mix of expansions and base games. I'll divvy up postage on a per box basis, so people buying a base+expansion will pay more than those buying just the expansion. Exactly how I work that out will depend on how the postage is calculated in the pledge manager.

I hope that all works for everyone. As always, if you have any concerns please speak up. Otherwise I'll continue as planned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bethany Spratt
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
SimonSes wrote:
bethster1 wrote:

It's not too late - but are you located in the ACT?

I can deliver to Civic during working hours, including the Wednesday lunchtime games meet-up. I could probably ask someone there to deliver to GLOG and I'm happy to make personal deliveries in the Belconnen area. I'm sure we can make other delivery arrangements for other parts of the ACT.

In terms of working out costs - The offered pledge levels are quite limited but all give access to the pledge manager afterwards. I have made a basic $36 (=24+12) single expansion pledge and when the pledge manager becomes available after the campaign ends, we'll be able to work out exact costs including postage for the things we want to buy.

I'm hoping we can get the price down to US$30 per game, but we might need a couple more takers for that and it also depends on how they treat a mix of expansions and base games. I'll divvy up postage on a per box basis, so people buying a base+expansion will pay more than those buying just the expansion. Exactly how I work that out will depend on how the postage is calculated in the pledge manager.

I hope that all works for everyone. As always, if you have any concerns please speak up. Otherwise I'll continue as planned.

I am in the ACT, near Belconnen. I have just started going to GLOG and going to KLOG tomorrow for the first time too. I am fine to pick up from anywhere in Canberra though, that's not an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Ses
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've started another thread for this group buy, so we can keep the buyers and what they are buying in the top post easily. It is here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1642801/tiny-epic-galax...

Bethany, I've added you to the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.