GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,400 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Grand Prix» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to play this today and I had some questions/clarifications that came up: 1) For determining First Player do you use your NPC controlled cars as well as your actual player cars? I ruled that you do.
2) What happens when determining First Player and a neutral car is the lead car?
3) If your car had used soft tires when you Pit could you change tires to new soft tires?
Thanks for the answers. It was a fun game. It seemed to move faster than TA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Steward
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1: I think the intention is the first team car. No NPCs. This interpretation also resolves issue 2.

3: I'd play that soft tires get refreshed if you pit and don't change tire types. (Obviously you still need to switch to/from hard tires at least once during the game.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ODaly wrote:
1: I think the intention is the first team car. No NPCs. This interpretation also resolves issue 2.

3: I'd play that soft tires get refreshed if you pit and don't change tire types. (Obviously you still need to switch to/from hard tires at least once during the game.)

Aaron is correct on both counts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
You only get to use the Soft Tires bonus ONCE? I thought the Soft Tires chit would flip back over during the end of the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bishop
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
You only get to use the Soft Tires bonus ONCE? I thought the Soft Tires chit would flip back over during the end of the turn.

The bonus is only once per set of tires. This is thematic--the advantage of soft tires in F1 usually lasts 2-3 laps at most, then the car is already dealing with tires that are going off. (It can be a little more this year since there are something like 5 tires, three of which are at each race, so the softest at one track can actually be what was the hardest at another.)

If it were once per turn, there wouldn't need to be mention of flipping the counter--it could just be used (with wear marker) any time the car activates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Darth Binkly wrote:
patton55 wrote:

The bonus is only once per set of tires. This is thematic--the advantage of soft tires in F1 usually lasts 2-3 laps at most, then the car is already dealing with tires that are going off. (It can be a little more this year since there are something like 5 tires, three of which are at each race, so the softest at one track can actually be what was the hardest at another.)

If it were once per turn, there wouldn't need to be mention of flipping the counter--it could just be used (with wear marker) any time the car activates.

Thanks for clarifying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.