Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
59 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Who should we believe? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Farnum
msg tools
Last night there was held on NBC a Commander-in-chief national security forum. A question was asked by a Navy Veteran, who held a top secret security clearance during his service. He stated that had he done with classified material what Hillary has done he would have been prosecuted and imprisoned. Hilary's response was this “none of the emails sent or received by me had a secret or top secret or confidential header".

That seems strange since we recently had the congressional hearing from James Comey who is the director of the FBI. In that hearing he stated
"From the group of 30,000 emails returned to the State Department in 2014, 110 emails in 52 email chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received".

Now the interesting thing about Clinton's statement was that she said they did not have the classified header. It's all appears to be more interesting when you factor this in.

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/clinton-asked-aide-to-remove...

Up until now Hillary has been pretty open and honest right? We should not have any reason to think that her statement last night was parsed and stated just so but that it was open and honest.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
knucklesamwich wrote:
We should not have any reason to think that her statement last night was parsed and stated just so but that it was open and honest.

ok
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
jmilum wrote:
knucklesamwich wrote:
We should not have any reason to think that her statement last night was parsed and stated just so but that it was open and honest.

ok


Was that you whispering in her ear?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Farnum
msg tools
Koldfoot wrote:
jmilum wrote:
knucklesamwich wrote:
We should not have any reason to think that her statement last night was parsed and stated just so but that it was open and honest.

ok


Was that you whispering in her ear?


I'd like to give her an earful but due to her mental state she apparently wouldn't remember it the next day.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Was that you whispering in her ear?

I think it was Biden
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
knucklesamwich wrote:
Last night there was held on NBC a Commander-in-chief national security forum. A question was asked by a Navy Veteran, who held a top secret security clearance during his service. He stated that had he done with classified material what Hillary has done he would have been prosecuted and imprisoned.


Was the Navy Veteran a lawyer or a legal expert in any way? Does he really know what would happen in those circumstances or was he just assuming/repeating what he was told by someone equally as knowledgeable?



10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
knucklesamwich wrote:
We should not have any reason to think that her statement last night was parsed and stated just so but that it was open and honest.
We have one reason, it was Hillary Clinton and her lips were moving.

Honestly though, was this really NBC asking about emails? I was shocked! I expected to see an hour long commercial for Hillary and it was far from it. In fact, I thought it was too much "why should we trust you when you were incompetent with the emails?" and not enough "How are you going to protect our national interests?".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
knucklesamwich wrote:
Last night there was held on NBC a Commander-in-chief national security forum. A question was asked by a Navy Veteran, who held a top secret security clearance during his service. He stated that had he done with classified material what Hillary has done he would have been prosecuted and imprisoned.


Was the Navy Veteran a lawyer or a legal expert in any way? Does he really know what would happen in those circumstances or was he just assuming/repeating what he was told by someone equally as knowledgeable?





Maybe it is all bluster, but they do hammer that shit into you about not spilling information over, intentional or not. Not to mention any unclassified system that came in touch with a classified information would have to be sanitized. An annoying process, and one I'm guessing didn't happen with Hillary.

And I'll add that if it was done once, ok shit happens. But if it was done repeatedly, his clearance would be stripped, and he would probably have been fired eventually.

Do I have no proof? No, not really. But given the size of the US Government, with contractors galore, and classified spillage does occur, I can't imagine it not happening. It just isn't newsworthy with Joe Blow accidently does it for the fifth time and his boss realizes he isn't a good fit for the operation anymore.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Farnum
msg tools
Donald wrote:
knucklesamwich wrote:
Last night there was held on NBC a Commander-in-chief national security forum. A question was asked by a Navy Veteran, who held a top secret security clearance during his service. He stated that had he done with classified material what Hillary has done he would have been prosecuted and imprisoned.


Was the Navy Veteran a lawyer or a legal expert in any way? Does he really know what would happen in those circumstances or was he just assuming/repeating what he was told by someone equally as knowledgeable?






Who knows but she again was trying sell to America the lie that she didn't do what we all know she did. Wasn't it Joseph Goebbels that said:

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

What Chris (and others) said.

I would underline what we in the parliamentary tradition call ministerial responsibility. It doesn't matter whether you knew about it or did it on purpose or whether you had not a thing to do with it. The buck stops there. Many a minister has lost his or her job as such.

The former Canadian minister of defence, Peter MacKay, lost his job because he left his laptop, containing NATO classified material, unattended where his girlfriend could have had access. That was enough to lose his job.

It's beyond me how Mrs. Clinton gets away with it, why she's allowed to get away with it, and mostly why she is reflexively defended by so many on this topic.
.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Don't be humble... you're not that great."
Avatar
mbmbmb
I was in the Navy, and had a security clearance, AND was totally aware that the difference between me and the Secretary of State could fill the grand canyon.

I mean, she wasn't military, she wasn't under the UCMJ. She was a political presidential placed cabinet member. Essentially, a private contractor placed at the whims of the current administration, and at most she should be removed from the office by the President for a shotty job..guess what, she isn't Sec. of State anymore, so there, lucky day. The only reason she got a clearance is because well, El Presidente' has powers to say, boom, she's my guy, she gets it, and the senate goes, no problemo.

And do I believe she was a little clueless when dealing with sensitive information? Hell, yeah, she's the same age as my mom, and my mom still doesn't know that sharing my FB posts won't be seen by any of her friends because I didn't mark it public.

Old people and technology are pretty fucking clueless.

But seriously, people need to get over it. She isn't the little people, and she's not going to be held up to the same rules as some dumb ass squid at the bottom of the chain of command who signed away his rights for a measly monthly allowance and a bunk.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Interesting take.

Where does destroying phones with a hammer and use of Bleachbit to erase data fit in that scenario?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacc wrote:
The former Canadian minister of defence, Peter MacKay, lost his job because he left his laptop, containing NATO classified material, unattended where his girlfriend could have had access. That was enough to lose his job.


In the first place, it was Maxime Bernier, not MacKay.

In the second place, it was a dossier folder and not a laptop.

In the third place, Bernier's girlfriend had also been involved in a bidding process for airport security contracts and her bid was connected to organized crime, so Bernier was already in a lot of hot water.

In the fourth place, Bernier voluntarily resigned from Cabinet, but continued to serve as an MP, and was back in Cabinet three years later, which position he held for another four years after that, and is currently the frontrunner for the Tory leadership, so christ I don't even know what your point is
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It is possible to not classify a document and for it to contain classified information, at one time the encyclopedia Britannica did.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Interesting take.

Where does destroying phones with a hammer and use of Bleachbit to erase data fit in that scenario?

Surprisingly good OPSEC for a technologically challenged group.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
isaacc wrote:
The former Canadian minister of defence, Peter MacKay, lost his job because he left his laptop, containing NATO classified material, unattended where his girlfriend could have had access. That was enough to lose his job.


In the first place, it was Maxime Bernier, not MacKay.

In the second place, it was a dossier folder and not a laptop.

In the third place, Bernier's girlfriend had also been involved in a bidding process for airport security contracts and her bid was connected to organized crime, so Bernier was already in a lot of hot water.

In the fourth place, Bernier voluntarily resigned from Cabinet, but continued to serve as an MP, and was back in Cabinet three years later, which position he held for another four years after that, and is currently the frontrunner for the Tory leadership, so christ I don't even know what your point is


Yes, Maxime Bernier.
.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Farnum
msg tools
MWChapel wrote:
I was in the Navy, and had a security clearance, AND was totally aware that the difference between me and the Secretary of State could fill the grand canyon.

I mean, she wasn't military, she wasn't under the UCMJ. She was a political presidential placed cabinet member. Essentially, a private contractor placed at the whims of the current administration, and at most she should be removed from the office by the President for a shotty job..guess what, she isn't Sec. of State anymore, so there, lucky day. The only reason she got a clearance is because well, El Presidente' has powers to say, boom, she's my guy, she gets it, and the senate goes, no problemo.

And do I believe she was a little clueless when dealing with sensitive information? Hell, yeah, she's the same age as my mom, and my mom still doesn't know that sharing my FB posts won't be seen by any of her friends because I didn't mark it public.

Old people and technology are pretty fucking clueless.

But seriously, people need to get over it. She isn't the little people, and she's not going to be held up to the same rules as some dumb ass squid at the bottom of the chain of command who signed away his rights for a measly monthly allowance and a bunk.


We should get over it? This woman wants to lead the country now and she has absolutely no character and a very convenient memory of a gnat.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
knucklesamwich wrote:
This woman wants to lead the country now and she has absolutely no character and a very convenient memory of a gnat.

Which candidate do you support?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hillary Clinton Email Story is Out of Control.

Washington Post Editorial wrote:
Imagine how history would judge today’s Americans if, looking back at this election, the record showed that voters empowered a dangerous man because of . . . a minor email scandal. There is no equivalence between Ms. Clinton’s wrongs and Mr. Trump’s manifest unfitness for office.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Don't be humble... you're not that great."
Avatar
mbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:


So that whole "everyone equal under the law" thing is just for show? I mean, the political class has certainly demonstrated that they won't hold themselves to the same rules, but the idea that the citizen class are also wholly in favor of the political class not having to obey the same laws . . . that's just jaw-dropping.



For a clueless idiot, yeah, maybe.

The president has executive power to pardon whoever the hell they want...it's written into the law.

Sorry, Drew, we are not all equal. It's not a democracy.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the title of this thread should be "Whom should we believe?"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:


So that whole "everyone equal under the law" thing is just for show? I mean, the political class has certainly demonstrated that they won't hold themselves to the same rules, but the idea that the citizen class are also wholly in favor of the political class not having to obey the same laws . . . that's just jaw-dropping.



For a clueless idiot, yeah, maybe.

The president has executive power to pardon whoever the hell they want...it's written into the law.

Sorry, Drew, we are not all equal. It's not a democracy.


And, Drew is the clueless idiot?! Time to hit Wikipedia, Chap. I only mention it because how distasteful I find base name-calling, which seems to be a feature of the Left far more than the Right.

Drew, what Chap meant to say is that he doesn't disagree with you in principle, rather that his personal politics is more pragmatic. He calls upon you to not discount Realpolitik. Ludwig von Rochau's own definition from his book, Grundsätze der Realpolitik angewendet auf die staatlichen Zustände Deutschlands, speaks right to what Chap is saying:

The study of the forces that shape, maintain and alter the state is the basis of all political insight and leads to the understanding that the law of power governs the world of states just as the law of gravity governs the physical world. The older political science was fully aware of this truth but draw a wrong and detrimental conclusion - the right of the more powerful. The modern era has corrected this unethical fallacy, but while breaking with the alleged right of the more powerful one, the modern era was too much inclined to overlook the real might of the more powerful and the inevitability of its political influence.

Chap didn't mean to confuse Democracy, equality or governmental authority with that, furthering your cluelessness.
.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacc wrote:
I only mention it because how distasteful I find base name-calling, which seems to be a feature of the Left far more than the Right.


You must not read a lot of RSP...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
isaacc wrote:
I only mention it because how distasteful I find base name-calling, which seems to be a feature of the Left far more than the Right.


You must not read a lot of RSP...


You must mean Tripp. He's a special case in my mind. He's hiii-larious and witty. He's like Don Rickles in this respect. He gets a pass.
.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Don't be humble... you're not that great."
Avatar
mbmbmb
isaacc wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
isaacc wrote:
I only mention it because how distasteful I find base name-calling, which seems to be a feature of the Left far more than the Right.


You must not read a lot of RSP...


You must mean Tripp. He's a special case in my mind. He's hiii-larious and witty. He's like Don Rickles in this respect. He gets a pass.
.


I love how you spend a whole post regurgitating information to make it sound like you know what your talking about, and then spend the next two posts saying the most cluelessly dumb things you can think of.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.