Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nick s
United States
phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
Upfront, this is a plug for Nick @ Spiraling Cadaver and my mileage with him to date. I hope you as the reader see this, take a look at his site and possibly give him a shot. I couldn't be happier with everything we've done so far.

I contacted Nick back in late June to get some general estimates as to approx how much and how long it would be to paint some of the KDM family for me. To my amazement he responded within hours and thus began a dialog on what I wanted the minis to look like, and apologies to Nick if at times I seemed pedantic or repetitive. After agreeing on pricing, which was very fair for the work I was asking of him, I sent him the first story survivors along with all the core nemeses sans the Watcher or Phoenix. My next surprise came when he contacted me about two weeks later letting me know that he was done with the first story miniatures and would be starting on the nemeses. Another two weeks flew by and we were on to the watcher. The longest part of the whole process was deciding on what colors/scheme's to paint them and me prepping the watcher (attaching him to the base that Nick cast and provided, and me wiring the little bugger with LEDs).

And I'm sure we could've already started on the Phoenix and expansions if only I could decide on how I want them to look... modest

If you want your mini's painted, I highly encourage you to contact Nick.

His work for me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Randolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All great, but The Watcher is dope. I've disappointingly heard he's a pretty boring fight, but I still think it's one of the coolest models in the core. The only one I think I enjoy more is the Flower Knight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam

Indiana
msg tools
mb
Mini's look great. The best part of Nick's work is that his style is unique, I can always tell which miniatures are his. This is not easy to accomplish and I applaud him for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Those all look fantastic, but that Butcher is amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would steal him to make him my slave volunteer to paint my miniatures instead. But I made an oath to paint my own miniatures after a century of getting good.

Anyway. They look great. Enjoy them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Sutherland
United States
Union City
Michigan
flag msg tools
Really digging that King's Man! With the source lighting effects and dark picture, I can almost picture the King's Man standing in the dark with that lantern glow. Amazing paint job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick s
United States
phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
DifferentPerson wrote:
All great, but The Watcher is dope. I've disappointingly heard he's a pretty boring fight, but I still think it's one of the coolest models in the core. The only one I think I enjoy more is the Flower Knight.

I had envisioned a dark "scarecrow" looking Watcher and Nick delivered in spades. I just need to bump the LED output a bit.

Saoshyant 4329 wrote:
Really digging that King's Man! With the source lighting effects and dark picture, I can almost picture the King's Man standing in the dark with that lantern glow. Amazing paint job!

I had asked him if we could do a dark model (darker then the others) with the halberd globe the source of the light, and he nailed it. Very happy with how he turned out.

My impression of the KDM "universe" is a very dark and bleak one, that there is only light where the lanterns are and the rest is just inky nothingness, he was able to realize that in all the models he's done for me. Again specifics are key when trying to convey what your goals are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Martin
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having an artist-gasm. Those are gorgeous. I saw his earlier work on the lion I believe? Either way, oh my god, so prettty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G H

California
msg tools
Damn those look amazing. I've been wanting to get mine painted for a while now but the thought of shipping the models makes me nervous cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the shout-out, nick!

Always fun to work with the KD line, and your requests had me trying to figure out different painting techniques, which is just how I like to work (I'd rather have something I need to think through/experiment on over something obvious).

And yeah, my favorites were also the watcher and king's man... and doing your lion up made me dissatisfied with where mine was, so now I need to figure out what to do with him laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick s
United States
phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
Thanks for the shout-out, nick!

Always fun to work with the KD line, and your requests had me trying to figure out different painting techniques, which is just how I like to work (I'd rather have something I need to think through/experiment on over something obvious).

And yeah, my favorites were also the watcher and king's man... and doing your lion up made me dissatisfied with where mine was, so now I need to figure out what to do with him laugh

Well... you'll be seeing my lion again... he needs braces!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Mullen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, for real. If I had the money, I'd have him paint some of my minis too. But I'm saving up for the next wave of KD:M stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.