Francesco Belladonna
Canada
flag msg tools
Not so-straightforward question.
This promo card adds another multi element curse on slot 2, then when you lose, reapply the arrival effect and add again the curses. Do I have to add a third curse if I didn't remove any from slot two, or since it says "add a second curse" don't add any if there is already one?

Completely side question: me and my wife play with cards on table. Is this allowed or should we keep the cards hidden? Also, if we have to keep the cards hidden, can we tell each other which cards we have?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
badge
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just my understanding, not an official answer.
On golem repetition, you add new normal curses, not the multi-element ones (according to the round counter). However, you do add the multi-element curse on field 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit confused here: I don't see how the Failure effect of this card could ever apply to this monster, as it's on the opposite side of the same card. It always applies to the previous Monster!

About your side question: you're supposed to keep your cards hidden, but you can speak as much as you want; it's how cooperation works best imo (so everyone HAS to talk if the team wants to win).
But I know some groups are frustrated by this and don't see the point in hiding cards if you can freely tell what they are. So feel free to play with open cards as long as you don't have any alpha player around the table...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Belladonna
Canada
flag msg tools
Ok thanks, sounds reasonable!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That all makes sense, but I do have a question on Golem. He says to add a second multi-element card. What do you do if he comes up in one of the later rounds when you are already adding 2 multi-element cards? Do you replace one of the single element cards with a multi, or do ignore this effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
badge
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
sl33p3r wrote:
That all makes sense, but I do have a question on Golem. He says to add a second multi-element card. What do you do if he comes up in one of the later rounds when you are already adding 2 multi-element cards? Do you replace one of the single element cards with a multi, or do ignore this effect?

He means second card on field 2, which normally only has one card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.