Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Frahm
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[Cross-posted from the CoW expansion forum]

So now that second edition MoM has been released is it worth getting the Call of the Wild expansion to play the first edition stories? Expecially since there will be a second edition expansion that has all the figure, tiles and characters (BUT NOT the cards or puzzles, which i did love). Is Call of the Wild still worth it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
It all depends on whether or not you will play games with first edition rules and the keeper, or just stick to second edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Martin
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They might include the puzzle types in the expansion. Unless you're going to play it right away or there is a really urgent super good deal on it somewhere, I'd just hold off for now to see how the MoM 2nd ed expansion looks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the others asked, are you still going to play 1st edition?

If so then definitely, CoW had some really great scenarios. Particularly the one with the "fog of war" mechanism, and the one where the keeper had to complete the ritual puzzle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Matthews
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The puzzles are done in the app now. And doesn't the app actually include a fog of war mechanism now for pretty much every scenario? I haven't played a full game of the new edition yet, but I've played around with the app, and there absolutely is a fog of war style reveal of the layout now in every scenario.
E

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ganybyte wrote:
The puzzles are done in the app now. And doesn't the app actually include a fog of war mechanism now for pretty much every scenario? I haven't played a full game of the new edition yet, but I've played around with the app, and there absolutely is a fog of war style reveal of the layout now in every scenario.
E

I never said second edition didn't have that. In the context of my answer I said CotW 1st edition had cool scenarios IF he was buying it for first edition.

Also there are NO first edition puzzles in second edition. The ritual puzzle scenario I mentioned was unique in that the puzzle was played out through out the entire scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Call of the Wild was definitely the strongest expansion for 1e. If you own the 1e base game and still like to play the Keeper vs Players mode, then I'd say go for it.

2e in no way invalidates 1e (the game mechanic being entirely different) and there is a wealth of fan created scenarios here on BGG for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.