Adam Webb
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity, which of the promos are included when you preorder the latest version of Robinson Crusoe? Some of the promos are clearly marked as compatible with the Z-Man edition, and most of the others have no designation whatsoever.

Can anyone (hopefully from Portal Games) clarify?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think any promos are a pre-order addon for Crusoe. As for compatibility, promos are all compatible between editions according to Portal Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Webb
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
I don't think any promos are a pre-order addon for Crusoe. As for compatibility, promos are all compatible between editions according to Portal Games.

Seems a little odd, since they ran promos for 51st State Master Set. *shrugs*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wayfarer82 wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:

Well 51st State pre-order page mentioned promos front and center. This one does not.

I assume that the main reason they are not doing it again is because many customers were not happy. 51st State was especially bad, as customers could not buy these promos separately until very recently. Especially since ordering from publisher directly is already quite a bit more expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Webb
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
Wayfarer82 wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:

Well 51st State pre-order page mentioned promos front and center. This one does not.

I assume that the main reason they are not doing it again is because many customers were not happy. 51st State was especially bad, as customers could not buy these promos separately until very recently. Especially since ordering from publisher directly is already quite a bit more expensive.

That makes sense, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
Wayfarer82 wrote:
Some of the promos are clearly marked as compatible with the Z-Man edition, and most of the others have no designation whatsoever.
Most promos are clearly version independent, because they don't mix with any other components of the game. Who cares, if the Trait Cards are a little bigger or smaller then the rest, since they do not get shuffled into the event deck? Even if the Sailor character sheet is a little bigger or smaller, I don't think this would be an issue in play. The only two promos, which get mixed with the base game are the extra Beast Cards and Discovery Tokens. Then again, the main expansion, "Voyage of the Beagle" of course has components which would mix, so that might be an issue, but you talked about promos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Webb
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On that note, which of the promos seem to add the most to the game? Any that seem like they're 'must haves'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Piggybacking on the confusion, are the extra discovery tokens promo on portal's website in the new game of the year edition? Also, does the game of the year edition have the stickers for the characters they used to sell? Does anybody know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wayfarer82 wrote:
On that note, which of the promos seem to add the most to the game? Any that seem like they're 'must haves'?

I think Sailor is a great addition. I also like the beach cards because there are often turns near the beginning where you have no gathering you can do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Taylor
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Character stickers? Yes. https://youtu.be/SBW9RU_EGyU at about 4:05
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Magoulis
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually asked Ignacy a few days ago on twitter if he'd be doing a preorder campaign similar to 51st State and he said "still debating this"... So I guess there's still hope
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well maybe I'll hold off on buying the promos until I hear if my CSI order will be getting any of them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Webb
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm in a holding pattern too until we finally see some pictures of the updated game. I loved the previous edition, but that (old) rulebook was an absolute beating to get through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The video linked above gives you a sense, if that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very few of the promos have been difficult to get.

Off the top of my head, Hunting Dog is one of the only ones that's not sold on the website that probably won't be included in the new version (it wasn't included in the old one either). (you can get it from topshelfgamer, which is where i got mine)

The other one I know of is the DriveThruReview crowdfunding reward Gamer character, which I haven't seen anywhere else, and it's slightly smaller than other characters.

Right now, you don't see the Beast cards nor the Spyglass of Illusionary hope (both of which are available in the BGG store).

The only other thing is the pawns and pawn stickers (for Voyage of the Beagle) that were on there for a while. But it was already noted that the new version will at least contain stickers for the base...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Webb
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garysax wrote:
The video linked above gives you a sense, if that helps.

Totally missed that, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone looking for the gamer promo can get it from the drive thru review patreon:

https://www.patreon.com/drivethrureview
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Idziak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wayfarer82 wrote:

I don't see any "must haves", but extra discovery tokens add some nice variety. Sailor seems cool as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.