10 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Imported Nitrogen rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fugazi70 fugazi70
msg tools
mb
I am playing the imported nitrogen and I don't have a microbe card.
The cards directs me to place 3 microbes on another care
Can I put these microbes on any card I own? Or are these lost because I don't have a card that specifies microbes?

In example nitrate reducing bacteria card...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Schuber
United States
Big Bear City
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If I'm right, you can only place the microbes on a card that can legally have them. If you can't, then as you stated, you just lose them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hillier
United States
Kettering
OH
flag msg tools
WDYPTW Podcast
badge
I am the wurst!
mbmbmbmbmb
A question came up today on a podcast suggesting if an other players card could accept them they would need to go there. I'm not sure I agree but I'd throw it out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Schuber
United States
Big Bear City
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
phillier937 wrote:
A question came up today on a podcast suggesting if an other players card could accept them they would need to go there. I'm not sure I agree but I'd throw it out there.

Yeah I just looked at the card and I feel you are right on this. Since it doesn't have the red border around it, it seems you MUST place it on "another" card. Does not state a card "you" have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that, as placing the microbes on one of YOUR cards is a requirement, if you can't place them you can't play the card at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Noel
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a card adds resources you can't collect (due to not having a card that can store them), then you can still play that card, but then skip that part of the card. And the rules say "that you can't collect", so you aren't forced to give your opponents resources (page 9 under Check the Requirements).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff is correct, but as long as it's the same symbol, it's the same resource even if it by word says bacteria instead of microbe, I don't have the deck here, but just look at the symbol and it's fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff0 wrote:
If a card adds resources you can't collect (due to not having a card that can store them), then you can still play that card, but then skip that part of the card. And the rules say "that you can't collect", so you aren't forced to give your opponents resources (page 9 under Check the Requirements).

Correct.

Also,you can only place microbes on a card that defines what you can do with those microbes. For example, Decomposers can collect microbes since it states that you get 1 VP for each 3 microbes on tht card, whereas Viral Enhancers can't collect microbes since no function is attributed to microbes on that card. This is alluded to (thought maybe not crystal clear) on page 14 under 'Other resources'.
This is of course a very natural rule, but it is also important in order to avoid players collecting different types of resources on the same card, and to avoid ambiguity on what type a resource on a card is.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for clearing that up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fugazi70 fugazi70
msg tools
mb
Fryxen wrote:
jeff0 wrote:

Correct.

Also,you can only place microbes on a card that defines what you can do with those microbes. For example, Decomposers can collect microbes since it states that you get 1 VP for each 3 microbes on tht card, whereas Viral Enhancers can't collect microbes since no function is attributed to microbes on that card. This is alluded to (thought maybe not crystal clear) on page 14 under 'Other resources'.
This is of course a very natural rule, but it is also important in order to avoid players collecting different types of resources on the same card, and to avoid ambiguity on what type a resource on a card is.

Cheers!

Jacob thanks for the clarification
My wife and I are enjoying the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.