$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
Cim Fisher
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Disclaimer
South Park can be crude, vulgar, and sometimes offensive. While I have tried to avoid anything that may be too extreme, this is still South Park, and with it comes some of that crudeness, vulgarity, and offensiveness. As a result, if you dislike that sort of content or South Park, then this isn't for you. Otherwise, enjoy. Critique and comments are very welcome.

Continuing from my last post, here are some new heroes, as well as a Scheme and Henchman group.

As a reminder, the new keywords are:
Immortal
Immortal is a keyword that appears on hero cards to protect them from KO effects. When a card with Immortal is KO'd from your hand or discard pile, then you can return it to the bottom of your deck at the end of your turn. This is done after drawing a new hand of cards. This doesn't protect the card from being KO'd from your deck (such as from a Feast), or from the Hero Deck, or the HQ.

Pissed Off
Pissed Off is a keyword that appears on hero cards and is followed by an effect. When you play a card with Pissed Off, you check your hand and discard pile for a Wound. If you have one and reveal it, you get the Pissed Off effect of the card.

Mint Berry Crunch (Bradley Biggle)
Another member of Coon and Friends, Mint Berry Crunch in "The Coon Trilogy" was not very brave at all. He wet himself from just hearing about Mysterion's superpower. However, once he discovered his true powers, he was the one to finally take down Cthulhu. I tried to reflect this in his cards by having him need others to lead the way before he comes into his own. I'm not sure how it turned out.

The two common cards original text were "You cannot play this card unless you have played at least two other non-grey heroes this turn." Changed because it was way underpowered.

Captain Hindsight
Captain Hindsight has the power of hindsight. He knows what needed to have happened to prevent something. So making that into Legendary was tricky. I made his cards (other than his rare) not really do much on your turn, and instead do things on other player's turns. Since he worked alone, he has no team affiliation.

Jesus
Jesus is a member of the Super Best Friends team. He's used a lot on the show, but he almost always is helping out the citizens of South Park, even when they probably don't deserve it, but he also inspires the kids. So I made his cards focus (for the most part) on Bystanders.

(Jesus Rare originally cost 8)

Joseph Smith
Joseph Smith is the Mormon prophet and also a member of the Super Best Friends. As such, I figured it would make since for him to focus on recruiting and adjusting the HQ.

Finally, the first Henchman Group I'm revealing is The Homeless. In the episode "Night of the Living Homeless", they grow stronger by giving them change, so giving them money would make them harder to defeat, thus making it hard to defeat them and recruit on the same turn.

And for the first Scheme I'm posting, I created a new background image for the Scheme Twists (to go with the South Park theme), and this one is "Night of the Living Homeless" and is based on the episode of the same name. It's goal is to make everything cost too much to afford in the HQ, thus making all of South Park homeless. I should also note that this Scheme refers to S.P. Troopers and S.P. Agents which are the starter cards.

As always, I'd appreciate comments and critique.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Titus M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As with the other thread, a lot of great ideas here. I think Mint Berry Crunch is a bit underpowered compared with the other heros - I would want roughly 2 other hero cards for every MBC card in my deck, and with the starting 12 greys these commons seem really hard to play. You could replace it with 0+ recruit/power and give +1 for every non-grey card played that turn (this way if I draw 3 copies of his attack card and two shield agents I can still get 3 attack, instead of 0).

The Jesus rare seems crazy strong, if anything this should be the rare to cost 9. Also, unless I'm missing a pun there's a typo in the card title.

The scheme sounds awesome. From a position of ignorance, never having played this, the 40-total-cost sounds just right to me. You should be very very dangerously close to losing if the 6th scheme is revealed, and with a minimum of 30 cost out there (all 0-cost greys) it might not be a problem, but chances are you have a couple 4's even if you try to keep the HQ full of duds. And if a villain escapes, you might see a 9-cost card drop. Sounds fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cim Fisher
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
titusm wrote:
As with the other thread, a lot of great ideas here. I think Mint Berry Crunch is a bit underpowered compared with the other heros - I would want roughly 2 other hero cards for every MBC card in my deck, and with the starting 12 greys these commons seem really hard to play. You could replace it with 0+ recruit/power and give +1 for every non-grey card played that turn (this way if I draw 3 copies of his attack card and two shield agents I can still get 3 attack, instead of 0).

I love feedback like this because it clues me in on what I missed. You're right that he's tough to work (too touch). The commons are dead cards worded the way they are now, at least early game they probably would be, and even late game, there's potential to be. Considering together that would be 10 potential dead cards, that's a problem. I've updated it to still require two non-grey heroes to get the full effect, but still making them playable without any other grey heroes. This also makes them combo off each other fairly well and makes them still have a use early game when you still have all your starting cards. I'd be interested in seeing how you (and others) think that looks.

titusm wrote:
The Jesus rare seems crazy strong, if anything this should be the rare to cost 9. Also, unless I'm missing a pun there's a typo in the card title.

Noted. He is gaining you pseudo heroes but the rare doesn't give you any attack or recruit directly itself. I updated that one as well. And the card title is the name of an episode in which the citizen wear bracelets to show support for causes (such as cancer awareness). The bracelets themselves are referred to "scauses" in that episode (combining Support with Cause).

Also, do people prefer things to all be in one topic as opposed to making multiple topics for the same custom expansions/sets? Or is that image overload to have it all in one place? I've already made two topics, but unsure if I should continue making new ones and just put it all in one or to continue doing new topics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.