7 Posts

Mustangs and Messerschmitts» Forums » Rules

Subject: Years rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Lemmon

Nevada
msg tools
Been looking for a copy of this game for years used to play with rocky at Pete's hobbies in utah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Juge
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll see what I can do. I have mine around somewhere it's about time I made a PDF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mako Z
msg tools
I'd like a copy of these as well, if anyone has them available to share.

I have a copy put away for safe keeping, but don't remember where that is, and it's even more problematical after the move.

Would love to give them a try, and need to break out the little tabletop flight stands I bought years ago, for use with smaller scale aircraft, e.g. 1/300th and 1/144th scale planes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Rowe
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mako11 wrote:
Would love to give them a try, and need to break out the little tabletop flight stands I bought years ago, for use with smaller scale aircraft, e.g. 1/300th and 1/144th scale planes.

Are those stands built like M&M flight stands with rolling casters and the like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mako Z
msg tools
Hi Tony,

Yes, they were specifically built with that in mind.

The guy from Reviresco used to sell them, but I haven't seen them listed on his website in a while. He might still have them available, so inquiring might be worth a try.

There's a little one, with a base of about 3" or so in size, and a larger one that's probably in the 6" - 8" range. Just guessing really, since it's been years since I've seen them, but they were designed for use with M&M, and have the pin markings in place to help guide the rear maneuvering wheel.

They were made of cast lead, with cast metal wheels, and I think they used O-rings for the tires on them.

As I recall from a couple of decades, or so ago, they were pretty expensive, even back then. Two models of each were available for sale, e.g. assembled and unassembled kits. Lots of little parts, but the unassembled ones seemed like a no-brainer, since they were cheaper.

I looked at them, but never put them together, so now need to dig them out and give them a go.

I had/have the 1983 rules with the blue cover. Never used those either, sadly, but do recall lots of details included in them, which was pretty cool, especially the percentile dice charts for various aircraft model availability by month and year. That's pretty useful, even for many other aerial gaming rules.

Somewhere too, I've got a copy of Fighter Pilot, from Lou Zocchi, I think (could be wrong about that), but never played that either.

Ah well, one day perhaps.

Regards,

Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Rowe
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mako11 wrote:

There's a little one, with a base of about 3" or so in size, and a larger one that's probably in the 6" - 8" range. Just guessing really, since it's been years since I've seen them, but they were designed for use with M&M, and have the pin markings in place to help guide the rear maneuvering wheel.

They were made of cast lead, with cast metal wheels, and I think they used O-rings for the tires on them.

I still have my larger, homemade stand from back when I was playing every week, but I've never seen the smaller stands. I have thought about creating smaller stands either to make M&M easier to play in a smaller area or in designing my own dogfight simulation game. Good to know there are some out there in the wild.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Foster Hardt
msg tools
Greetings,

I have a copy of the rules and am still building stands. I can help out if anyone wants building advice, materials, etc...

I am also an active player and live in Seattle if anyone else is in that area.

Shoot me a message if anyone needs anything!

Cheers!

P.S. I work on ships so sometimes it takes me a few days or a week to reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.