Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay T Leone
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a rare case: What happens if there's no more events to fill the event tableau?

There are 15 event cards in the deck. In theory, this should be plenty for any normal game (9 criers + 3 starting events). However, a priest with Bastion can mess this up.

I don't see any mention in the rules or forums about what should happen if there are no events. I suppose the game proceeds without event cards.

Could it really be true peace in the land of Tournay? surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
The town criers don't affect this at all - you don't draw a new event when a crier is revealed, only when someone combats an event (or when a card ability says to, I don't remember all the abilities).

That being said, running out of events is still possible. I don't see what else you could do except continue with no new events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Temple
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
could it really be true peace in the land of Tournay?

Hahahahaha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay T Leone
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
The town criers don't affect this at all.

Actually they do since the only way to conquer events is the trigger of a crier (exception Bastion and Ballista).

I wonder why the designer(s) forgot to include rules for this situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jtrleone wrote:
tool wrote:

Actually they do since the only way to conquer events is the trigger of a crier (exception Bastion and Ballista).

I don't think that this is right.

Normally, this happens only with the "Combat an Event" action.

Town Criers are exposed by the "Draw a Card" action. While doing so may activate events, it does normally cause them to be combated or replaced.

The cards that allow combating events are Bastion, Fort, and Knight - not Ballista.

Ballista, like Town Criers, may cause players to be affected by events, but it does not cause them to be replaced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
gillum wrote:
jtrleone wrote:
tool wrote:

I don't think that this is right.

Normally, this happens only with the "Combat an Event" action.

Town Criers are exposed by the "Draw a Card" action. While doing so may activate events, it does normally cause them to be combated or replaced.

The cards that allow combating events are Bastion, Fort, and Knight - not Ballista.

Ballista, like Town Criers, may cause players to be affected by events, but it does not cause them to be replaced.

Right. In the vain hope of forestalling further argument, here are the complete rules for drawing a town crier:
Quote:

Drawing a Town Crier card and triggering the events.

If one of the two face-down cards drawn is a Town Crier, you must draw an additional card before choosing which card to add to your hand. Then:

1 - Place the Town Crier card under the deck from which it was drawn, at a 90° angle relative to the other cards in the deck. Twisting the card 90° shows that there will be no more town criers found in that deck for the rest of the game,

2 - Place a 1-denier coin from the supply on one empty circle on each of the Event cards in the queue. If all the circles on a card are already full, do not add a coin to that card,

3 - All players are affected by all the cards in the Event queue (these effects are described on the player aid). Each effect is applied once for each coin on the card (regardless of whether a coin could be added to the card in the previous step).

Each player can construct a rampart by playing one Rampart card from his hand in order to avoid the effects of one entire Event card of his choice (regardless of the number of coins on it). If you do this, place the rampart card face-down near your district. It will bring you 1PP at the end of the game. It is possible to construct several ramparts in order to defend against several event cards triggered by the same town crier. For convenience, all the Rampart cards played by a player are simply kept in a single pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.