Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil S. Stein
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Assume a land battle, unfortified. This battle will end when someone wins or 4 rounds have completed. But when does the Battle Round token get turned? At the start of each players round? Only at the start of the aggressor's round? i.e. does each person get four rounds to reinforce? Or only two?

If the battle lasts until the rounds are up, is the battle over when you turn to "4" or when you would turn to "5" (which of course you wouldn't do in a land battle)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The round marker is incremented at the start of the attacker's round only.

See 5.2.1, 4th paragraph - "The Battle Round token will increase by 1 in each subsequent round, at the start of the attacking player's round".

So, each side could potentially get 4 rounds to reinforce.

The battle ends at what would be the start of round 5. See "Draws" under 5.2.3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
So why are the numbers 1 to 6 printed on the Battle Round Marker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
So why are the numbers 1 to 6 printed on the Battle Round Marker?

Because sieges (battles in fortified areas) can last up to 6 rounds instead of 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Brown
United States
Gorham
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djberg96 wrote:
The round marker is incremented at the start of the attacker's round only.

See 5.2.1, 4th paragraph - "The Battle Round token will increase by 1 in each subsequent round, at the start of the attacking player's round".

So, each side could potentially get 4 rounds to reinforce.

The battle ends at what would be the start of round 5. See "Draws" under 5.2.3.

I think this should be clarified to identify that the Battle Round token increases only at the beginning of the attacking player's round. As it reads now, the implication is that the token rotates on each round, meaning at the beginning of the attacker's and their opponent's round.

Really all that is needed is to change it to state:
"The Battle Round token will increase by 1 at the start of each subsequent attacking player's round."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me, but where does it specifically say how many rounds the combat lasts? I'm sure I overlooked it, but that was one of the rules I somehow missed on my first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
I don't have the rules in front of me, but where does it specifically say how many rounds the combat lasts? I'm sure I overlooked it, but that was one of the rules I somehow missed on my first game.

The last 2 sentences of Aggressive Actions (5.2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.