Star Wars: Destiny – Awakenings» Forums » General

Subject: Keywords rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Alexander
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Captain Phasma card shown in various previews has the ability "Your non-unique characters have the Guardian keyword." The thematic impact of this is clear: Stormtroopers all get better when she's leading them. My question is, what exactly does this keyword do? It's not explained on the card itself, and I don't recall seeing it on the rule sheets that were photographed (though I may have missed it). And do we know of any other keywords that have been revealed yet?

(Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, I looked around and didn't see it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is in the rulebook, last page. The rulebook specifies 3 keywords: guardian, redeploy and ambush.

A character with Guardian can be activated to remove all cards from the opponent's pool showing damage (either melee or ranged). Then you deal that amoung of damage to the guardian.

Essentially you are taking the damage instead of another character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Alexander
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Ok, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GUILLERMO LONGHINI
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nushura wrote:
It is in the rulebook, last page. The rulebook specifies 3 keywords: guardian, redeploy and ambush.

A character with Guardian can be activated to remove all cards from the opponent's pool showing damage (either melee or ranged). Then you deal that amoung of damage to the guardian.

Is not "dices" instead of "cards" ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Seger
Germany
Saarland
flag msg tools
Yes, you remove dice, not cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gravelyn
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:

I know this is an older post, but it was a top result when I searched for it, so I thought clarifying here would be helpful.

Guardian means before that character activates, you can choose to remove one of your opponent's dice showing melee or ranged damage, resolve the damage against your character, and then remove the die. It doesn't apply to all of the opponents damage dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.